Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

13 minutes ago, bobmc said:

FTFY

Not a great day but did work the BB in his last AB.  Then we had all of the Kruk comments about missing the ball by a bunch in the previous AB.  Baby steps - from looking to missing to walking 

Is there video evidence of Davis not even looking in the direction of the pitcher again like last year?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

.111 is 1-9.  Yes, that is early.

Yes, and his spring OPS is .717, which is 187 points higher than last year.

This is the IMPROVED Chris Davis we are seeing this spring.

[Showing my work:   the hit was a HR, so slugging = 4/9 = .444.   He has two walks so far, so OBP = 3/11 = .273.   OPS = .717].

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yes, and his spring OPS is .717, which is 187 points higher than last year.

This is the IMPROVED Chris Davis we are seeing this spring.

[Showing my work:   the hit was a HR, so slugging = 4/9 = .444.   He has two walks so far, so OBP = 3/11 = .273.   OPS = .717].

charlie-sheen-winning.png

1 hour ago, Satyr3206 said:

He has as least 2 problems. Pitch recognition and pulling the trigger to swing. Not a good combo.

The two are probably related.   Tough to pull the trigger when you’re not sure what’s coming.    

My question is, why would Davis become less able to recognize pitches than he used to be?     I think the issue is bat speed.    He used to be able to wait a bit longer before making up his mind.     Now he has to decide sooner and that makes it harder to recognize the pitch.   

That said, still not drawing any conclusions this early in spring training about Davis or anyone else.   

oh man its come to the point that we looking at spring training stats.... .111 / 9AB / 1H / 5K.. if he gets a hit in his next AB, his average will be up to .250.  Lets not get too carried away from this.  I know we have a lot of MLB level hitting instructors on this board who seem to know exactly what is wrong with Crush..

FWIW see the other ST lines below..

.167 / 6AB / 1H / 1K ....OR... .250 / 8AB / 2H / 3K... OR.... .000 / 5AB / 0H / 1K

Goldschmidt, Trout, and Betts

4 hours ago, Mayor McCheese said:

oh man its come to the point that we looking at spring training stats.... .111 / 9AB / 1H / 5K.. if he gets a hit in his next AB, his average will be up to .200.  Lets not get too carried away from this.  I know we have a lot of MLB level hitting instructors on this board who seem to know exactly what is wrong with Crush..

FWIW see the other ST lines below..

.167 / 6AB / 1H / 1K ....OR... .250 / 8AB / 2H / 3K... OR.... .000 / 5AB / 0H / 1K

Goldschmidt, Trout, and Betts

ftfy

Archived