Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

12 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Had him played perfectly - Laureano went back three steps and made the over the shoulder, little hop catch.  Nothing spectacular but well stung ball.

This is a bit off.  Laureano was playing about 10-15 feet from the track and catches that ball at the edge of the track.  You characterization makes it sound like a lazy fly ball.  That ball was a laser beam.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2019 at 12:27 PM, TonySoprano said:

As for me,  I'm not going to continue to kick someone who is this far down. If you think these guys don't internalize failure like this, remember why Mike Flanagan died. I like what Curt Schilling said yesterday, "Every single person in your life is a hitting coach." In other words, everybody he runs into outside of the ballpark is offering him unsolicited advice about how to fix this. Guys who played the game get this and none of them is offering anything but sympathy. 

o

My apologies if this article has already been posted.

I Hear the People Every Night': Inside Chris Davis' 0-for-50 Streak

(By Eddie Matz)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26488549/chris-davis-0-50-streak

o

2 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Now that the slump has gotten national publicity (which hadn't happened in NY & Toronto), it will be interesting to see the reaction of fans on the road.   I guess mainly talking about Boston fans, since Tampa really doesn't have any fans.   I wonder how much jeering and such he'll have to put up with in Fenway this weekend, from a fan base that is probably pretty grumpy anyway based on the performance of their team so far.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Now that the slump has gotten national publicity (which hadn't happened in NY & Toronto), it will be interesting to see the reaction of fans on the road.   I guess mainly talking about Boston fans, since Tampa really doesn't have any fans.   I wonder how much jeering and such he'll have to put up with in Fenway this weekend, from a fan base that is probably pretty grumpy anyway based on the performance of their team so far.

I’m hoping Davis goes nuts at Fenway this weekend and drives all the Sawx fans into a fit of rage. 

Archived