Birds Chatter (Web show): Orioles Spring Training Preview

Tony-OH

29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

We appreciate all the comments including the constructive criticism on the production. I'd like to do more of these, but it takes time from the production standpoint which is why we were looking at doing these about once a month. 

Me may be able to add in some webcam type of stuff between episodes if there is a good response to these videos. 

Terry and I enjoy doing these and we are open to ideas on how to improve.

How long does the production time take? With the way the "episodes" work, it doesn't look like it should take long at all, because there really are no effects/overlays.

53 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

How long does the production time take? With the way the "episodes" work, it doesn't look like it should take long at all, because there really are no effects/overlays.

I don't have any control over that portion unfortunately. 

Tony, I just got a chance to finish watching the three segments.  I love the segments.  Love them.  I think the more you do the more desire there will be to see on a regular basis.  There are two things I would offer as feed back and the first one is only important as demand for this increases....

1)  There is obviously a lag between filming and production. Those of us following every day will immediately pick up on things that have occurred between your filming and posting.  If you do three segments a day and only do that once every few months, well that phenomenon will always be there.  But, if you start dropping these more frequently, (I hope you do), then turn around could be  more important.  

The second thing is more of a feel...I don't even know if I agree here, so this is really an observation......

2)  We know the Orioles are not going to be great.  There are some jokes and references about Orioles that began to feel like too much.  On one hand Cody Carroll, had horrible results and saying so is not wrong.  On the other, laughing at how bad he was and making fun of him, seems wrong.  Saying the Orioles are going to win the WS in 2019, would be disingenuous and everybody understands that.  But I don't think Hyde and his coaches would sign off on agreeing the Orioles will be horrendous.  Even though everyone expects that.  Again, Im feeling this thought out.....Hyde is not going to sit down with you and make fun of players.   He would be more professional.  

Above offered as constructive observation.  I think there are many improvements from these three sessions.  I would honestly like to see this as a weekly thing.  I'd also like to see it live if it were possible.  And if that were the case, you could even have a segment every now and then that allows us to hit you with questions....like a chat.  

I think the two of you play off of each other really well and you are both comfortable being conversant regarding the Orioles.  My last advice, take all feedback, use your best judgement, but KEEP doing these...More!

10 hours ago, foxfield said:

Tony, I just got a chance to finish watching the three segments.  I love the segments.  Love them.  I think the more you do the more desire there will be to see on a regular basis.  There are two things I would offer as feed back and the first one is only important as demand for this increases....

1)  There is obviously a lag between filming and production. Those of us following every day will immediately pick up on things that have occurred between your filming and posting.  If you do three segments a day and only do that once every few months, well that phenomenon will always be there.  But, if you start dropping these more frequently, (I hope you do), then turn around could be  more important.  

The second thing is more of a feel...I don't even know if I agree here, so this is really an observation......

2)  We know the Orioles are not going to be great.  There are some jokes and references about Orioles that began to feel like too much.  On one hand Cody Carroll, had horrible results and saying so is not wrong.  On the other, laughing at how bad he was and making fun of him, seems wrong.  Saying the Orioles are going to win the WS in 2019, would be disingenuous and everybody understands that.  But I don't think Hyde and his coaches would sign off on agreeing the Orioles will be horrendous.  Even though everyone expects that.  Again, Im feeling this thought out.....Hyde is not going to sit down with you and make fun of players.   He would be more professional.  

Above offered as constructive observation.  I think there are many improvements from these three sessions.  I would honestly like to see this as a weekly thing.  I'd also like to see it live if it were possible.  And if that were the case, you could even have a segment every now and then that allows us to hit you with questions....like a chat.  

I think the two of you play off of each other really well and you are both comfortable being conversant regarding the Orioles.  My last advice, take all feedback, use your best judgement, but KEEP doing these...More!

Thanks for the feedback, but let me address a few things. We are trying to have some fun with things and if that means poking a little fun at some of the players than I don't have a big issue with that. We have no intention of sitting down with Hyde or his coaches for our show as that's not what we're going for here. 

There are plenty of shows between MASN and 105.7 that will give you the official word from the O's coaches and stuff. We're just a couple of guys who follow the Orioles and are trying to have some fun with a team that's not going to be very good.

I don't see them going forward in the same format unfortunately. While the response we got was very positive for the most part, there just wasn't enough interest to make it worth the time and effort it takes to produce these.

I'm still looking at maybe doing a webcam thing that would enable us to be more timely and maybe more often. Stay tuned and thanks for your interest.

I'm not sure exactly how much free time you have, but a camera, $50ish for video editing software, and you can create your own show like that. Would take roughly the time you film, plus a half hour to an hour of editing (or less, once you get the hang of it or outsource it.)

On 2/17/2019 at 2:04 PM, Frobby said:

Funny, I didn’t notice it at all.    I guess I’m just more focused on the substance.  

I really enjoyed the substance and the banter back and forth, but I also agree about how weird the backdrop color is. If it's a visual show, then the visual is part of the substance. Are there any plans to lay in a few video clips of players in the future (although I realize that's an entire extra level of tech and prep)?

Darn, sorry--Didn't read the posts about how the plug's being pulled. That's too bad--was very enjoyable.

Tony,  Dan Connolly did a split screen podcast with a moderator (can't remember his name) when he was doing BaltimoreBaseball.com.   It was pretty good.   Would that type of show be easier to produce?

It was better than a Skype because the two people played off each other.   They were in different locations. And they seem to be current so maybe the production of it was not as hard as your Birds Chatter  shows.

Archived