Electric Stuff

wildcard

Hunter Harvey is at it again.  Wowing O's management in his second batting practice session with his electric stuff.  Its happened before in other years.  He has teased O's management and coaches and fans in the past.   All we can do is sit back and hope he stays healthy.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-hunter-harvey-bp-20190221-story.html

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hunter Harvey is at it again.  Wowing O's management in his second batting practice session with his electric stuff.  Its happened before in other years.  He has teased O's management and coaches and fans in the past.   All we can do is sit back and hope he stays healthy.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-hunter-harvey-bp-20190221-story.html

New pitch too, Mancini raving about his splitter. He threw a circle change before and it never was particularly good. 

19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I refuse to get excited.     When Harvey is at OPACY pitching in a game, I’ll get excited.   Not until then.    It’s been like Lucy and the football.   

I hear you,, Charlie.   But if he stays healthy for a little while most of us will take another run at the football.   He is too intriguing not to.

Like the enthusiasm in Hyde's comments about a bunch of our players, but I am also getting the sense he is going to be "talking his book" (to use an investment term) more than Buck ever did.

Nothing wrong with that.   It's maybe just a stylistic difference.

5 minutes ago, sammyt said:

Like the enthusiasm in Hyde's comments about a bunch of our players, but I am also getting the sense he is going to be "talking his book" (to use an investment term) more than Buck ever did.

Nothing wrong with that.   It's maybe just a stylistic difference.

Part of the job is to get everyone in a positive frame of mind.    Hyde obviously is big into that.    Fine by me, we’ll get a reality check quite soon.

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

It's all good until the elbow soreness crops up again. We wait and see...

Or shoulder . . .  or oblique . . . . .or knee . . . . or etc. etc.

I'm convinced he doesn't have the frame/body-type to pitch at the MLB level. 

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I'm taking this news with the world's largest grain of salt, but I'd really like to see him make the team and start the season in the pen. Then let him replace GIvens as our closer when we trade him. Then revisit whether or not we want to stretch him back out to be a starter next spring. 

Archived