"I just like our guys."

Aglets

Every time I read Roch's blog, it amazes me when you go to the comments section that people still do the "first" thing. I always wonder, how bad is someone needing attention that they do that kind of stuff? 

One thing stood about to me was Sisco starting to talk to his infielders. Notice Hyde said he wasn't doing that kind of stuff early in camp. that's he kind of stuff I've observed and heard about Sisco which is why I was never fan of his defense. Catcher's have to be leaders on the field and with his pitching staff.

Hopefully Cossins can get get him out of his shell. It was good to see that mound visit with Ortiz. I noticed that when it happened and was like, "Good for him."

59 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Every time I read Roch's blog, it amazes me when you go to the comments section that people still do the "first" thing. I always wonder, how bad is someone needing attention that they do that kind of stuff?

SIXTH!

Hyde said the same phrase like 3 weeks ago. Saw it in one of Roch's posts. I posted it as a joke buried in some thread. Seriously, it's just something to say to the media. What's he supposed to say? "Well I really don't like where we are right now." ?

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

SIXTH!

Hyde said the same phrase like 3 weeks ago. Saw it in one of Roch's posts. I posted it as a joke buried in some thread. Seriously, it's just something to say to the media. What's he supposed to say? "Well I really don't like where we are right now." ?

Hyde was criticizing how people comment on Roch's blog?   Man I would love to see the look on Roch's face for that one.............  ;)

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

One thing stood about to me was Sisco starting to talk to his infielders. Notice Hyde said he wasn't doing that kind of stuff early in camp. that's he kind of stuff I've observed and heard about Sisco which is why I was never fan of his defense. Catcher's have to be leaders on the field and with his pitching staff.

Hopefully Cossins can get get him out of his shell. It was good to see that mound visit with Ortiz. I noticed that when it happened and was like, "Good for him."

Yeah I never got the first thing on his blog either. Or how people in the comments just start discussing something unrelated.  Like someone will post about Duke basketball or NASCAR and everyone starts replying to them.  

38 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yeah I never got the first thing on his blog either. Or how people in the comments just start discussing something unrelated.  Like someone will post about Duke basketball or NASCAR and everyone starts replying to them.  

NASCAR is a great sport. ?

Hopefully not off topic, but there was another comment of Hyde's in Roch's latest, about Ramirez and Kline being too "predictable" in the 5-4 loss to the Pirates, and Wright using the opposite approach. But don't the catchers call the pitches? I thought they usually get the credit or blame for pitch-calling, but Hyde made it sound like it was on the pitcher. Can someone clarify this?

3 minutes ago, now said:

Hopefully not off topic, but there was another comment of Hyde's in Roch's latest, about Ramirez and Kline being too "predictable" in the 5-4 loss to the Pirates, and Wright using the opposite approach. But don't the catchers call the pitches? I thought they usually get the credit or blame for pitch-calling, but Hyde made it sound like it was on the pitcher. Can someone clarify this?

The catcher makes suggestions the pitcher makes the final decision.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The catcher makes suggestions the pitcher makes the final decision.

Yes, I know... then why does the catcher usually get the credit or blame? It seems arbitrary to give it to the catcher or pitcher, when either one could be seen as deserving it. 

1 hour ago, now said:

Yes, I know... then why does the catcher usually get the credit or blame? It seems arbitrary to give it to the catcher or pitcher, when either one could be seen as deserving it. 

If the catcher calls what the pitcher wants all the time, if they're on the same page, it goes a lot smoother. A lot faster. :noidea:

Archived