Aubrey Huff opens up about addiction which began as an Oriole

Moshagge3

Full article on his website here. His first Adderall was given to him by a teammate on the 2009 Orioles.

I spent 6 years with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and was now in my 3rd season with the Baltimore Orioles. That dream was quickly losing its luster 9 years and One Thousand Four Hundred and Fifty Eight games later. The aches, pains and mental grind of the game were beginning to poison me. Not to mention the fact that I had basically been getting my *** handed to me over the course of those One Thousand Four Hundred and Fifty Eight games playing in the American League East. I was sick of baseball, sick of losing, and sick of being **** faced choosing dark corners of locker rooms and leather lazy boys to hide out in.

A teammate of mine crossed into my seemingly secluded corner of the locker room blocking out the one minuscule ray of light that swept across my closed eyes. I could almost see the smirk on his face and definitely felt his energy. He sarcastically laughed, “Tough one last night Huffy?”

That was an understatement.

Thirty thousand screaming Chicago fans were waiting to rip me to shreds in a matter of hours and I was in no shape to shake that **** off, let alone charge towards the field leaving behind my perfect seclusion.

“I’ve got something that will make you feel invincible.”

I perked up, attention grabbed, eyes suddenly able to open. “What you got man? I’m desperate.” In true infomercial style he replied, “I got an Adderall, and in thirty minutes you won’t be hungover anymore and you’ll feel like you’re twenty.”

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

No idea.

Just saying it doesn't seem likely.

Do you think it sounds likely?

Well, Adderall is just one particular blend of amphetamines. So sure, he could have had other kinds before this that didn't quite hook him in the same way.

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Well, Adderall is just one particular blend of amphetamines. So sure, he could have had other kinds before this that didn't quite hook him in the same way.

I suppose, the piece doesn't read like he had tried amphetamines before but it is possible.

I will give him credit for getting the details of the game correct.

It's really said watching this guy try to desperately cling to the small little sliver of celebrity he once had. And seriously, is he writing about his life or hyping his forthcoming romance novel?

A teammate of mine crossed into my seemingly secluded corner of the locker room blocking out the one minuscule ray of light that swept across my closed eyes

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm disappointed you guys aren't jumping all over yourselves trying to figure out who gave him an Adderall.

Anyway, I'd like to forget Aubrey Huff.

...and can they come back and bring some for Davis. 

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm disappointed you guys aren't jumping all over yourselves trying to figure out who gave him an Adderall.

Anyway, I'd like to forget Aubrey Huff.

Aw, I like him just for the time he homered off Joba Chamberlain and made fun of his fist pump at every base.

Archived