Aubrey Huff opens up about addiction which began as an Oriole

Moshagge3

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

My money is on Ty.

Well honestly my money is on the story not being true.

It was probably more like, "Hey Ty, can I have some of what you're using?" Seems like Huff is trying to make it sound like he was manipulated into it, and powerless to resist.

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It's really said watching this guy try to desperately cling to the small little sliver of celebrity he once had. And seriously, is he writing about his life or hyping his forthcoming romance novel?

A teammate of mine crossed into my seemingly secluded corner of the locker room blocking out the one minuscule ray of light that swept across my closed eyes

I think it is very sad for some of these players in sports think that taking a drug will end your problems.

2 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

Aw, I like Aubrey Huff just for the time he homered off Joba Chamberlain and made fun of his fist pump at every base.

o

I remember that game, from beginning to end.

It was the game in which Adam Jones was thrown out stealing 2nd base after a walk by the batter gave him the base anyway ........ Derek Jeter tagged him after Jones came off the bag after he slid, and he was called out. That half-inning was one of multiple chances in which the Orioles had to expand their lead and put the Yankees away, and they didn't.

Finally, a great hustle on an infield grounder by Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli with 2 outs in the top of the 7th kept that inning alive, and allowed Johnny Damon to hit a 3-run home run 2 batters later, which wound up being the difference in the game.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL200905100.shtml

o

21 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I remember that game, from beginning to end.

It was the game in which Adam Jones was thrown out stealing 2nd base after a walk by the batter gave him the base anyway ........ Derek Jeter tagged him after Jones came off the bag after he slid, and he was called out. That half-inning was one of multiple chances in which the Orioles had to expand their lead and put the Yankees away, and they didn't.

Finally, a great hustle on an infield grounder by Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli with 2 outs in the top of the 7th kept that inning alive, and allowed Johnny Damon to hit a 3-run home run 2 batters later, which wound up being the difference in the game.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL200905100.shtml

o

I totally had forgotten Koji Uehara was initially a starting pitcher with the O’s. 

16 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I totally had forgotten that Koji Uehara was initially a starting pitcher with the Orioles. 

o

I was at his first Major League game ever, in April of 2009.

I had free season tickets that year (thank you, Mr. Angelos.)

The Orioles took the first 2 games of the series, and the Yankees salvaged the 3rd.

o

1 hour ago, Babkins said:

Sounds like someone’s trying hard to gin up interest in a celebrity-athlete-drug-abuse memoir. Yawn.

Possibly, but this story is quite old, he’s just a new date on it. I’m surprised his story isn’t common knowledge on the OH, we’re usually on top of everything.

Considering his career-long misery with the Rays and O's back then, I'm glad for Huff that he got into the postseason twice with the Giants thereafter--including a 2010 championship that he can take a good deal of credit for.

I don’t want to turn this into yet another CD thread, but why can’t Davis get adderall?  Doesn’t now he only get like concerta or something?  

Even from a medical point of view(armchair), wouldn’t the negatives of Aderall  be outweighed by the mental anguish that dude has to be going through?  

Archived