Opening day lineup?

ChuckS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Yeah, but I mean the starting pitching is going to pick up the slack. Right? Right!? 

No. The pitching might be even worse than the lineup. Im not stressing over it, I'll probably just listen to Minor League games on the radio for my baseball enjoyment because there isnt to much to follow on the pro team for a few months. Martin at SS is one to watch. Jackson. Maybe Ruiz or Nunez

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Get ready to strike some fear into our opponents:

1. Mullins CF

2. Rickard RF

3. Villar 2B

4. Mancini LF

5. Davis 1B

6. Nunez DH

7. Ruiz 3B

8. Sisco C

9. Martin SS

Smith will be in RF v Tanaka. Is Trumbo back on the DL? Otherwise he's the DH

50 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

No. The pitching might be even worse than the lineup. Im not stressing over it, I'll probably just listen to Minor League games on the radio for my baseball enjoyment because there isnt to much to follow on the pro team for a few months. Martin at SS is one to watch. Jackson. Maybe Ruiz or Nunez

Oh man, the pitching comment was a TOTAL joke. 

The Orioles are going to be comically bad, but late in the season there will be multiple prospects up to provide some fun. 

Honestly, save for Davis, I don't hate that lineup. Of course, I don't love it and it's not going to win many games, but I'd like to see something like that until Hays, Diaz, Mountcastle, etc. filter into the mix. This gives a chance to see if Mullins can crack it as an everyday player or if he's more a fourth OF. It gives Sisco a chance (pun, intended) to show if he's a piece or not before we draft Rutschman (assuming that's the pick). It allows Elias and company to showcase Villar for a potential trade midseason. And, it it provides a chance to see more of Ruiz and Nunez (not that there's a good 3B prospect waiting in the system, assuming Mountcastle cannot stay there).

It is going to be a rough season, but keep your eye on the prize! Our goal is to suck! 

main points:

Trade anything of value and maximize their value: Richard Bleier,  Cobb, Cashner and sadly probably Mancini & Castro.

Unload or cut: Davis and Trumbo and to a much lesser extent Nunez because of his bad defense.

Repita por favor: "Embrace the Suck". It should be the 2019 O's slogan!

Archived