.189/.318/.432

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

If not for Palmer’s scathing review of his efforts to improve, I’d agree with you.

I don’t think anyone believes Davis is a bad person. We just question his work ethic, concentration lapses and bull headed stubbornness of hitting into the shift with no adjustments.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don’t think anyone believes Davis is a bad person. We just question his work ethic, concentration lapses and bull headed stubbornness of hitting into the shift with no adjustments.

I think that he let his team down with the PEDs and I do think he boosted for the contract.  It that's bad, then I think he is. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

I think that he let his team down with the PEDs and I do think he boosted for the contract.  It that's bad, then I think he is. 

Ok, if Davis did juice up to get the contract I’ll agree with you, but I need to see some evidence first.

On top of that Davis is already past his peak, so any poor work habits or lapses in concentration are only going to be amplified. 

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ok, if Davis did juice up to get the contract I’ll agree with you, but I need to see some evidence first.

On top of that Davis is already past his peak, so any poor work habits or lapses in concentration are only going to be amplified. 

I have no idea what PEDs he did use and got caught with twice. I assume that the only things he tested positive for twice were stimulants. 

2 hours ago, El Gordo said:

A .750 OPS with slightly improved defense should bring him in at about 1 WAR, so that's worth 8M more than if you release him.

One more win isn't worth anything to this years team. So they win 49 instead of 48.  I will take a .750 OPS if it comes with a .240 average.  If he is hitting .180 and has a .750 OPS I will pass. 

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

One more win isn't worth anything to this years team. So they win 49 instead of 48.  I will take a .750 OPS if it comes with a .240 average.  If he is hitting .180 and has a .750 OPS I will pass. 

You miss the point not surprisingly. You lose 23 M if you cut him and gain a roster spot that is unlikely to be worth much this season. If you keep him you lose 8M less and get maybe league average production.

42 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

You miss the point not surprisingly. You lose 23 M if you cut him and gain a roster spot that is unlikely to be worth much this season. If you keep him you lose 8M less and get maybe league average production.

You don’t lose $8 mm less.    Just because you’d theoretically pay $8 mm for a 1 WAR player doesn’t mean Davis is putting $8 mm in our pockets.   

From a psychological point of view, I’d rather watch .750 Davis than .539 Davis.    One is very frustrating to watch, the other is unbearable to watch.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You don’t lose $8 mm less.    Just because you’d theoretically pay $8 mm for a 1 WAR player doesn’t mean Davis is putting $8 mm in our pockets.   

From a psychological point of view, I’d rather watch .750 Davis than .539 Davis.    One is very frustrating to watch, the other is unbearable to watch.   

I would rather see him swing at nothing than watch strike three go by. 

1 minute ago, weams said:

I would rather see him swing at nothing than watch strike three go by. 

What I hate most is when he watches two strikes go by and then swings at a pitch a foot outside the strike zone.    Or, swings at two bad pitches and then watches a good one go by.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What I hate most is when he watches two strikes go by and then swings at a pitch a foot outside the strike zone.    Or, swings at two bad pitches and then watches a good one go by.   

Yeah he reminds me of 8 year old me. 

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I look at it like I am paying Davis 23M and getting 8M in production

Archived