Grayson Rodriguez 2019

WalkWithElias

On 6/7/2019 at 10:26 AM, LookinUp said:

Elias was pretty effusive in his praise of Gray Rod this AM on 105.7 the Fan. Said he's beyond where we expected. Talked up his FB, CB, CH mix, but also cautioned this is low A and higher levels will tell us more.

The higher levels will tell more. A week between starts may hamper what you can discern.

45 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Back on track tonight....kind of.

4 innings, 0 runs, 1 hit, 3 walks, 6 k's tonight.  I"m not sure how he managed to throw 93 pitches allowing only four base runners.  A lot of 3-2 counts I imagine. 

Two HBP’s and an error behind him.    So, 7 baserunners in 4 IP.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, orioles22 said:

Seemed like a lot of deep counts. I was hoping he could get 5 innings and the win, even though that stat isn't important for most. He is only pitching once a week - I was hoping they'd let him go another inning.

Along with the 6 strikeouts, he had 3 3-2 counts and 4 2-strike counts on the 19 batters faced.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

So where does he rank now?

DL Hall - 39 (from 42)

Grayson Rodriguez - 62 (from 86)

Ryan Mountcastle - 76 (from 78)

Yusniel Diaz - 77 (from 57)

You'd have to think once Adley signs, he'll be top 15, if not top 10, so that'll be 5 top 100's. I imagine at this rate Grayson should make it to top 50, and maybe someone like Drew Rom should be on the fringes of the top 100. That would give us 6 top 100's, with 3 top 50's. With a presumable top 3 pick next year, that's not looking half bad. (Not to mention if Austin Hays can pull it together, there's another nice piece).

Edited by Absltgreek

27 minutes ago, Absltgreek said:

DL Hall - 39 (from 42)

You'd have to think once Adley signs, he'll be top 15, if not top 10, so that'll be 5 top 100's. I imagine at this rate Grayson should make it to top 50, and maybe someone like Drew Rom should be on the fringes of the top 100. That would give us 6 top 100's, with 3 top 50's. With a presumable top 3 pick next year, that's not looking half bad. (Not to mention if Austin Hays can pull it together, there's another nice piece).

I don’t know that Diaz will stay on the list if he doesn’t start producing.    

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Absltgreek said:

DL Hall - 39 (from 42)

Agree with Frobby that Diaz drops off this list unless he has a strong second half of the season. I wouldn't expect Rom to be on a BA 100 list this offseason. IIRC, BA has always been very conservative with ranking players in A-Ball, especially Low-A unless they entered the system with major buzz. Rom's stats are outstanding, but he's not pumping it at 96-97 mph, so he's not going to get that level of recognition. 

1 minute ago, WalkWithElias said:

Agree with Frobby that Diaz drops off this list unless he has a strong second half of the season. I wouldn't expect Rom to be on a BA 100 list this offseason. IIRC, BA has always been very conservative with ranking players in A-Ball, especially Low-A unless they entered the system with major buzz. Rom's stats are outstanding, but he's not pumping it at 96-97 mph, so he's not going to get that level of recognition. 

I think that’s probably right, but what if Rom posts a sub-1.50 ERA and a 11+ K/9 all year?   Has that happened in the Sally League EVER?   To do that at age 19 would be super-impressive.    Let’s see him do that, or get promoted, and then we can worry about if he deserves consideration for a top 100 spot.   

We will probably have four guys on that list at the end of the season: Rutschman, Rodriguez, Hall, and Mountcastle.

Diaz is on his way off. Hays will likely have graduated and even if he hasn’t may have too long a way to go to climb back on it. 

Kremer could be a dark horse for the top 100 if he finishes strong at Bowie/Norfolk. 

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Btw, both Waters and Pache are 20 year old AA CFers for the Braves.  The O's need to become more like the Braves at some point.    

Hmmm. Seems like the type of players we should be targeting in a trade. Would our entire bullpen net one of them?