Grayson Rodriguez 2019

WalkWithElias

30 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

DL Hall had pretty much the same season with the same pedigree at the same age last year, and he also spent the whole season in Delmarva.

Please don't let your petty facts get in the way of my fantasy story. Thanks. :)

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Lol. Pretty much. Really nice year from this kid. It's crazy that he spent the entire year in A-. That would have never happened under the old regime.

Oh, I don’t know.    Hall spent the whole year at Delmarva the previous season.    Comparing how the two did at Delmarva:

Hall: 94.1 IP, 68 H, 31 R, 22 ER, 41 BB, 100 K’s, 2.10 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 9.5 K/9, 2.4 K/BB.

Rodriguez: 94.0 IP, 57 H, 30 R, 28 ER, 36 BB, 129 K’s, 2.87 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 12.4 K/9, 3.6 K/BB.

Pretty similar, but edge to GrayRod in everything except for earned runs (and he actually allowed one less total run than Hall).    

No question it was a spectacular year from Rodriguez, and with the playoffs looming, he’ll probably get at least one more outing.   

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

As someone who has previously let facts get in the way of a good narrative, the words you are looking for are, "yeah, but still". :D

I didn't expect you to pull a @DrungoHazewood, go way back in history and find a story of an unknown prospect buried in the dusty archives of minor league baseball and use that against me. It's unfair, really. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Is the Game 1 starter tonight at Hickory.

Just as Delmarva has Rutschman, I believe I saw Hickory has Josh Jung, the Rangers NCAA elite1st rounder from June.

Love Jung, I had him 5th in my draft rankings, behind only Rutschman, Witt, Abrams, and Bleday. 

Definitely more interesting prospect watching in the Delmarva-Hickory series than the Bowie-Harrisburg series.

Hickory has a good collection of pitching prospects, and though tonight's starter, Ricky Vanasco, is not in their top 30, he has moved from short season ball to the SAL and has had very good numbers this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...