Brady Anderson no longer listed on O's website

interloper

If this is how Brady is quietly 'relocated' (demoted) from a position of incredible power in the chain of command to a position more closely focused on nutrition and player health, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

No fanfare, no need to embarrass the guy, definitely don't speak anything ill of him.   in fact, only say positive things about him when asked. 

This seems to be what is going on here...........Elias cleaning up the last bit of mess from the Peter Angelos front office and doing it in as respectful a way as possible.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Aglets said:

If this is how Brady is quietly 'relocated' (demoted) from a position of incredible power in the chain of command to a position more closely focused on nutrition and player health, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

No fanfare, no need to embarrass the guy, definitely don't speak anything ill of him.   in fact, only say positive things about him when asked. 

This seems to be what is going on here...........Elias cleaning up the last bit of mess from the Peter Angelos front office and doing it in as respectful a way as possible.

I think this is a fair take on the situation. I've always said I didn't mind if Brady was involved in the organization, just get him out of a decision-making role in terms of player personnel. 

He's not an idiot or a bad guy. He does have his strengths and he did vocally advocate for locking up our good young players earlier. I just don't want him deciding which players those are, or circumventing the pitching coach, or any of that kind of nonsense. 

If this is how he gets demoted, on the down-low, I'm not mad at Elias about that at all. I'm a little mad at the press for sleeping at the wheel as usual, but all in all, this is a positive development in my mind. There is one person at the top of that Baseball Operations section on the website. As it should be. 

I also find it interesting that the Baseball Analytics section has been bumped to the top of the list just under Mike Elias so that the first two names under Baseball Operations are Mike and Sig. 

Also we see some new names in the Analytics section, finally. 

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What about choosing the wallpaper in the interview room?

Elias isn’t going to disrespect Brady.    No reason to make enemies.    Heck, he’ll even talk to you!    ?

Ha, he really was quite engaging. We had some good conversations off the interview as well. Obviously a sharp guy, but he's actually pretty down to earth. I would have liked to have sat and watched some baseball games with him when he was a scouting director like I used to do with Joe Jordan. He seems to be the kind of guy that you could have a great back and forth with over guys!

35 minutes ago, interloper said:

I also find it interesting that the Baseball Analytics section has been bumped to the top of the list just under Mike Elias so that the first two names under Baseball Operations are Mike and Sig. 

Also we see some new names in the Analytics section, finally. 

Sig is pretty clearly the number two guy in the organization and from what I can tell, is Mike's main confidant and advisor.

51 minutes ago, interloper said:

I think this is a fair take on the situation. I've always said I didn't mind if Brady was involved in the organization, just get him out of a decision-making role in terms of player personnel. 

He's not an idiot or a bad guy. He does have his strengths and he did vocally advocate for locking up our good young players earlier. I just don't want him deciding which players those are, or circumventing the pitching coach, or any of that kind of nonsense. 

If this is how he gets demoted, on the down-low, I'm not mad at Elias about that at all. I'm a little mad at the press for sleeping at the wheel as usual, but all in all, this is a positive development in my mind. There is one person at the top of that Baseball Operations section on the website. As it should be. 

When a new regime comes in usually people get reassigned,let go or let go. That is the way it works in business. What I have heard about Elias is he is a good person to work for as long as you do your job. Hopefully the power struggles are gone.

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

When a new regime comes in usually people get reassigned,let go or let go. That is the way it works in business. What I have heard about Elias is he is a good person to work for as long as you do your job. Hopefully the power struggles are gone.

It all depends on ownership, whenever there is an issue with any organization/business, you should look at the very top

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

Exactly Elias threw him a bone let him hang around and do what he's supposedly good at.

From Roch's blog today (scroll below the lineups).

Anderson remains in the organization despite rumors that he’s out. He’s working on strength and conditioning and nutrition at the major league and minor league levels.

This appears to be his primary set of responsibilities, which executive vice president and general manager Mike Elias indicated back in spring training during an early interview with the media.

Anderson oversaw the hiring of strength and conditioning coaches in the minors. He’s also serving in what I’ve heard described as a consultant-type role.

There hasn’t been an announcement from the team, but he no longer appears to be carrying the title of vice president. And I wouldn’t expect a formal press release.

The club didn’t issue one after executives and scouts were let go, and as I’ve stated, Anderson remains part of the organization - a point that was stressed to me yesterday by someone who’s also in it.

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

If he is in a "consultant-type role" as Roch has heard, then he's no longer an employee, just a consultant.

That's not how I take "Anderson remains part of the organization - a point that was stressed to me........"

He is still part of the team...........just demoted.   As many of us have said should happen.  But no need to loudly advertise the fact that we're demoting him, that wouldn't look good.  

In the words of Han Solo,  "Then we'll do it, real quiet-like."

Just now, Aglets said:

That's not how I take "Anderson remains part of the organization - a point that was stressed to me........"

He is still part of the team...........just demoted.   As many of us have said should happen.  But no need to loudly advertise the fact that we're demoting him, that wouldn't look good.  

If he is in a consultant role, he probably has a consulting contract to provide specified services. That means he's still with the team, but no longer an employee. There is a legal distinction.

1 minute ago, Aglets said:

It was like so hush hush
They were so quiet about it
And then the next thing you know

8 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

If he is in a consultant role, he probably has a consulting contract to provide specified services. That means he's still with the team, but no longer an employee. There is a legal distinction.

There is, but I don’t know that Roch was getting legalistic about it.

Archived