2019 Orioles Draft Tracker

11 (125 over), 13 (25k over), 29 (25k) - Hammer/Roth at 150k according to another page. (Edit 2: according to Luke via nathan ruiz)

I think main post updated with 11 I believe.  Posted as 220k left.  If another 50k removed for Hammer/Roth we have 170k left.  So 295k without penalty/tax.  

Edit: 295k for 1 player being 170+125k

Edit 3/final: as long as no other guys were over slot and we don't know. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jerios55 said:

11 (125 over), 13 (25k over), 29 (25k) - Hammer/Roth at 150k according to another page. (Edit 2: according to Luke via nathan ruiz)

I think main post updated with 11 I believe.  Posted as 220k left.  If another 50k removed for Hammer/Roth we have 170k left.  So 295k without penalty/tax.  

Edit: 295k for 1 player being 170+125k

Edit 3/final: as long as no other guys were over slot and we don't know. 

So easy math. For every 100k we offer past 295k, we have to pay 75k in tax. So if we went to one of the HS kids with an offer it would be,

595k —> player.   820k cost to O’s  

695k —> player.   895k cost to O’s. 

795k —> player.   970k cost to O’s. 

We’d essentially have to pay 2nd rd money to make a run at any of them. That’s probably not going to happen. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So easy math. For every 100k we offer past 295k, we have to pay 75k in tax. So if we went to one of the HS kids with an offer it would be,

595k —> player.   820k cost to O’s  

695k —> player.   895k cost to O’s. 

795k —> player.   970k cost to O’s. 

We’d essentially have to pay 2nd rd money to make a run at any of them. That’s probably not going to happen. 

You added the 75k but forgot to add the corresponding 100k after 595k.  So it should be:

595k - 820k

695k - 995k

795k - 1.17m

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, toughbuff1 said:

You added the 75k but forgot to add the corresponding 100k after 595k.  So it should be:

595k - 820k

695k - 995k

795k - 1.17m

Yeah.  Good correction.  It's fun to say lets try and buy one of these HS kids out of their commitments, but you'd have to basically invest 2nd-3rd money to do so.  I still think it's a good way to try and steal a top talent.  This organization needs to work on building it's depth outside of the top 20-30.  

27 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah.  Good correction.  It's fun to say lets try and buy one of these HS kids out of their commitments, but you'd have to basically invest 2nd-3rd money to do so.  I still think it's a good way to try and steal a top talent.  This organization needs to work on building it's depth outside of the top 20-30.  

I agree. These taxes seem to really inhibit behavior in many sports, but if I were the owner and there was a talent with a great profile that we could sign if I paid the tax, I'd like to think I'd give the ok to do it. 

Just now, Enjoy Terror said:

We have six unsigned players right now, and only seven signed players not assigned to an affiliate yet. This looks like a pretty solid draft, we don't usually sign everyone. The lowest round pick we haven't signed is like, 33.

I don't think you enter the draft with the goal of signing all your selections.

5 hours ago, jerios55 said:

Safe to assume we're done? 

I would think so, unless one of the high school guys decides they want to play badly enough and are willing to accept less than they might receive in 3 years with some college development.  

4 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Is there a run down on the O's International signings today?

I am pissed how the Yankees can get the best player?  It is all about the money.  I have the right to my feelings.

The thread on the main page has a break down of the international guys.

Yankees are easy to hate without a doubt.  

8 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Is there a run down on the O's International signings today?

I am pissed how the Yankees can get the best player?  It is all about the money.  I have the right to my feelings.

He's definitely the best player presently, whether he'll be the best player in the future, we'll see. The guy looks amazing, but he's built like a 24 year old at 16, there is a history of these types of players regressing physically. 

• Upvote 1

Couple questions for those of you in the know (thanks in advance):

1) Where have Dan Hammer and  Houston Roth been assigned to?

2) Has it been confirmed that the others won't sign (Arnold, Miknis, Thomas, Pedersen, Fagnant, and Zmarzlak)?

• Upvote 1