Wilkerson and Wynns optioned

Going Underground

I'm curious to see who in the lineup is impacted by Davis' return to the 25 man.  Who will sit so Davis can get at bats?  Or will Davis be sitting? 

Mancini and Nunez are going strong right now, don't see them taking a seat so it would probably be DJ with Mancini going out to right.  

If they are committed to getting a look at DJ then it needs to be Davis riding the pine. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Philip said:

Wilkerson was not perfect, but he was a competent player, and I’m curious as to why he was sent down? He certainly not the worst of our position players. I just pray to our sweet Lord that he’s not being sent down so that Trumbo can take a spot in the outfield.

I don’t have any complaints about Wynns Going down. I have no illusions about Sisco, But no reason not to give him another chance.

Next man up…

Possibly to have him play every day in CF?

42 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I'm curious to see who in the lineup is impacted by Davis' return to the 25 man.  Who will sit so Davis can get at bats?  Or will Davis be sitting? 

Mancini and Nunez are going strong right now, don't see them taking a seat so it would probably be DJ with Mancini going out to right.  

If they are committed to getting a look at DJ then it needs to be Davis riding the pine. 

You can play Smith, Davis, Nunez and Stewart pretty much 5/6 of every 7 games each if you can be a little creative. 

Davis will sit vs LH starters and one of Smith/Stewart can as well. Vs RH starters one of Nunez/Stewart/Smith sits. 

Mancini plays everyday. If Nunez could actually play some 3rd it would help. 

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Possibly to have him play every day in CF?

What happens to Mullins? Stevie was just caught up in this roster mess. Someone had to go. They didn’t want to risk losing Alberto. 

17 minutes ago, Aglets said:

This is going to be for Davis and Sisco right?

On the radio this morning Rob Long and Mel Antonen were saying Sisco and Mountcastle.    Pretty sure that was just wishful thinking.

No way it’s Mountcastle. They said Davis was returning this trip. 

9 hours ago, Darkhawk said:

I understand that Davis was only out for the ten days and he was probably working on things during that time anyway but why can't we send him down for a rehab assignment? 

I wish they could have.

19 hours ago, Darkhawk said:

I understand that Davis was only out for the ten days and he was probably working on things during that time anyway but why can't we send him down for a rehab assignment? 

Working on how to break a bat over his left leg?

Archived