There Are Rumblings That the O's Will Not Take Rutschman

Greg Pappas

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, I dunno man...can't not buy the hype about AR and then turn around and buy into the Witt hype.  They're both here for a reason and that reason is they're damn good prospects. 

I think for me personally I’m more excited about watching a stud ss for years to come than I am a catcher. 

43 minutes ago, dabirds said:

This makes me very nervous.  I really hope Elias doesnt out smart himself. ☹️

It would be Elias and Sig and a half-dozen others in all liklihood.  He could unilaterally make the decision, but I don't see it.  Not the process and all.

Fair enough. I admit I am not all that crazy about taking a catcher 1:1 either. I am not as high on Rutschman as most people here seem to be nor am I as low on Vaughn. Everything I read about him is that his bat is THAT good.. good enough to make it difficult to pass him up despite his height. Witt also seems good. It really doesn't seem as cut and dry as Rutschman by default to me. There's also slot considerations and who we might have lined up as our second pick. I'm just glad it's not my job because it doesn't at all seem like an easy decision.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hot take:  I'd rather have Vaughn than Mountcastle.

Mountcastle isn't going to walk enough to keep us happy.  

I would rather have Rutschman and Mountastle than Vaughn and Mountcastle (or whatever Mountcastle could bring via trade).

I think believing anything you hear the last 24 hours is foolish. We will all know soon enough.

Anybody else going to the draft party at Dempsey's?

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

I would rather have Rutschman and Mountastle than Vaughn and Mountcastle (or whatever Mountcastle could bring via trade).

I think believing anything you hear the last 24 hours is foolish. We will all know soon enough.

Anybody else going to the draft party at Dempsey's?

I'd rather have AR and Mountcastle, too.  I don't want us to pick Vaughn. 

I'm just saying, people here are going to sour on Mountcastle once they realize how one dimensional he is.  It's obvious that he has a lot of the deficiencies that posters here pick on for other players not having as well.  Bad in the field, doesn't walk.  

Archived