Astros Designate AJ Reed

weams

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

Do you think Nunez has any trade value?   

They could pick up Reed, he still has an option for the rest of the season.   Send him to Norfolk and try to trade  Nunez.    They could recall Carroll and put him of the 60 day IL to open as 40 man roster spot.

Reed was Elias draft choice.   

We are full to overflowing with 1B/DH types. We’re still waiting for Trumbo to come back clutter things up even more( even if the expectation is that he won’t, the plan is that he will)

Nah. Pass.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the type of guys we should claim with our top waiver priority. Let’s face it we’re going to have this position for a long time. At least until OD next season.  Especially when a player has an option. 

I’d recall Carroll and 60 day DL him. Not worry about the money or the service time issues. 

Let Reed play 1B everyday in AAA Mountcastle playing LF. 

Chris Davis would go down as one of the best acquisitions in Orioles history if we hadn't signed him to that long-term contract (in fact, a stupid later decision doesn't really have anything to do with a fantastic acquisition), so we really shouldn't see a Chris Davis comparison as a bad thing at all. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I'm tired of the 1B/DH types, but why not.  

Just wait until you guys are bashing Mountcastle for the same reasons you bash Mancini and Davis.  

You can be tired of them, but that is baseball.  Reed can flat outhit, he just needs a change of scenery.

The top guys the Orioles are dying to GET RID OF are 1b DH types , and I would rather play Reed at this point than any of them, honestly.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm tired of the 1B/DH types, but why not.  

Just wait until you guys are bashing Mountcastle for the same reasons you bash Mancini and Davis.  

If "Mountcastle" and "Davis" are ever comparable enough to even end up in the same sentence God help us all.

(Unless that sentence is "Mountcastle has replaced Davis on the roster.")

I see no reason not to take a flier on him. He's struggled this year and has no defensive value, but he's left-handed and has power potential.

I'd play him at 1B everyday in Norfolk and see what they have. Worse case scenario you just DFA him if you need 40-man spot this winter, but I see a lot of guys you can take off the 40-man this offseason and not blink.

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

These are the type of guys we should claim with our top waiver priority. Let’s face it we’re going to have this position for a long time. At least until OD next season.  Especially when a player has an option. 

I’d recall Carroll and 60 day DL him. Not worry about the money or the service time issues. 

Let Reed play 1B everyday in AAA Mountcastle playing LF. 

What do you think it means that they have begun playing Mountcastle in left field?   Does it mean he was not doing very well at 1B defensively?

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I see no reason not to take a flier on him. He's struggled this year and has no defensive value, but he's left-handed and has power potential.

I'd play him at 1B everyday in Norfolk and see what they have. Worse case scenario you just DFA him if you need 40-man spot this winter, but I see a lot of guys you can take off the 40-man this offseason and not blink.

What happens to Mountcastle if Reed is playing 1B at Norfolk everyday?  Looking at his age (26) and career AAA stats im not impressed. 

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I think he is a DH and that is where he should play.  If he improves the offense talent  in the system then claim him.  However, I am not sure claiming him gets him.   I am sure the Astros would rather trade him.

15 minutes ago, AceKing said:

You can be tired of them, but that is baseball.  Reed can flat outhit, he just needs a change of scenery.

The top guys the Orioles are dying to GET RID OF are 1b DH types , and I would rather play Reed at this point than any of them, honestly.

I'll rephrase, I'm tired of the main one that's being paid to a truckload of money to hit .172 and the roster clog that's caused because of him.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'll rephrase, I'm tired of the main one that's being paid to a truckload of money to hit .172 and the roster clog that's caused because of him.

Yeaaaaaaaaah that was never a good idea.

I almost wonder if there's something going on with this guy.

Archived