vs. D-RAYS, 7/12

OFFNY

Just now, billhatf said:

Did anyone else notice Bundy having to stop one of his warmup pitches and say "damn it"?  Masn didnt show the reason he had to abort the pitch, but it looked to me he was pissed that whole inning.  I wonder if he had some issue with Sisco... ??

Like what, he caught him cheating at hearts before the game?

They have been battery mates before.

Bundy knows he can throw whatever he wants.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Some people put a lot of emphasis on the stolen base regardless of how little it affects the game. Buck says hello.

The stolen base is important. Buck was constantly talking about pitcher’s time to plate because it was the only stat he understood, haha.

But throwing out 3 of 17 is really bad. I won’t care so much if the offense compensates, but it would be easier to compensate if the D were a bit better.

3 minutes ago, billhatf said:

Did anyone else notice Bundy having to stop one of his warmup pitches and say "damn it"?  Masn didnt show the reason he had to abort the pitch, but it looked to me he was pissed that whole inning.  I wonder if he had some issue with Sisco... ??

I just rewound it. 

Bundy slipped or stumbled the pitch before. Then the next pitch he said GD. Makes me wonder if he tweaked something.  

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

The stolen base is important. Buck was constantly talking about pitcher’s time to plate because it was the only stat he understood, haha.

But throwing out 3 of 17 is really bad. I won’t care so much if the offense compensates, but it would be easier to compensate if the D were a bit better.

The stolen base isn't very important at all.  Attempts are the lowest they have been in decades and they just don't impact scoring all that much.

Varitek allowed over 100 stolen bases in a season three different times.  Nobody cared.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He started off pretty strong last year then fell off a cliff.  Was an odd year.  Something happened.

I heard Ross Grimsley on a radio show awhile ago basically say he was having mental issues. I think his confidence was shot.  

Buck may not of been a good fit for him.