Chirs Davis per Mike Elias

Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Martin as a SS has some defensive value, and we’re holding onto him to stash him in the minors next year.    Broxton also has some defensive value in CF but they can dump them any time.

Put it this way, if someone came to me and said, “you can dump Davis, but only if you also dump Martin and Broxton,” I’d get rid of all three gladly.    

What are the odds that a 24 year old putting up a 497 OPS can go to the minors for a year and come back and be a positive contributor for a ML team at 26?

The Martin experiment is a failure they just don't have anyone they can put in his place right now. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Haha. Two guys making a combined 1M, verses another making 23M a year through 2022.  Can you see a difference?

Plus - one is a former All-Star, Silver Slugger and 2x HR champ, while the other two are still sipping their "cup of coffee" at the MLB level. Or let's get philosophical - I suspect some see his precipitous decline as a parallel to the decline of the club overall, and give him extra attention. But yes... absurd. 

That said, I wouldn't miss any of the three. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Martin as a SS has some defensive value, and we’re holding onto him to stash him in the minors next year.    Broxton also has some defensive value in CF but they can dump them any time.

Put it this way, if someone came to me and said, “you can dump Davis, but only if you also dump Martin and Broxton,” I’d get rid of all three gladly.    

I'd get rid of anyone if you told me it would include getting rid of Davis.  

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

If you are just talking the 40 man roster I agree with you.

Gray-Rod, Kremer, Hall & Hall,  Rutschman, Henderson are the only ones that I really care about.  There's probably another one or two I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

Anyone else can GTFO if it means getting rid of Davis.  Yes, that means Hays, Mountcastle, Diaz, Stewart, Akin and whoever else we overrate on here can hit the bricks.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gray-Rod, Kremer, Hall & Hall,  Rutschman, Henderson are the only ones that I really care about.  There's probably another one or two I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

Anyone else can GTFO if it means getting rid of Davis.  Yes, that means Hays, Mountcastle, Diaz, Stewart, Akin and whoever else we overrate on here can hit the bricks.

Davis is the new Brady.

4 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Here's a weird thought. What if the owners told Elias, "Get the payroll down to $XX million and you can cut Davis."? We could see Villar, Bundy and Givens unloaded for a broken pocket knife.

I hope ownership ain't playing those types of games.  Sound like the type of crap Peter would pull.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know what this means.

Not that long ago the guy everyone wanted to get rid of was Brady Anderson. Now, it's Davis. 

Not pointing you out here, and yes, lots of people have wanted to get rid of Davis for a long time.

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Not that long ago the guy everyone wanted to get rid of was Brady Anderson. Now, it's Davis. 

Not pointing you out here, and yes, lots of people have wanted to get rid of Davis for a long time.

I think people have been wanting to get rid of Davis almost as long as Brady.  

5 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Just remember Brady isn't gone he's just lying in a dormant state.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Haha. Two guys making a combined 1M, verses another making 23M a year through 2022.  Can you see a difference?

Since they make so little there should even be more reason to want them gone.  We owe them nothing and doesn’t take ownership approval to let them go.  They have contributed nothing to the team ever.   Are you jealous of Chris Davis?  I mean I don’t understand the logic in your thought process.  I understand wanting Davis gone badly last year when we had some decent players on the team but this year we have players much worse than Davis and there isn’t one thread about them,

Archived