Orioles trade Cashner to Red Sox

MurphDogg

36 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

He has thus far...in a frank and transparent fashion.  I have not heard a Duquette-ism from him....He seems quite confident in his process of analytic decision  making, feels he has little reason to obscure this reasoning and has offered this very openly to us fans so far. 

That’s what I’ve heard too, I just hope it continues, and so do you.

Just now, Luke-OH said:

Is there any?

All I’ll say is if you want potential impact from a guy like Cashner, you have to go young/high risk. It’s this or older prospects with limited ceiling which plenty of posters here expressed dislike for in last year’s trades.

Exactly. Give me more of the high ceiling guys we got last year like Encarnacion or Carmona. Not guys like Phillips and Rogers, that will just clog up the 40 man. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Signing these guys is not an exact science. Sometimes the 80k and 200k guys are better than the 1M guys.  It would be great to get to see them play in the DSL before choosing.  That's what we just did.  How bout being able to watch all the U S. amateurs play in GCL or Aberdeen for a season before having to make your draft selections.  Somehow I think that would improve the hit percentages.

Both Koby Perez and  Mike Elias will be extensively evaluated on their hit percentages, no doubt.  

7 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Because maybe the Red Sox want to deal now and you end up holding your Cashner in your hand.

That's what it Means and that's a Givens. Boston can just give him the ol' Severino if they aren't happy with his performance, but I'm glad someone is taking a Chance on him, Ynoa?

...sorry, I like to amuse myself from time to time. A couple of 17 year old international kids, eh. I guess that's alright. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the best we were going to get for him anyway. At least they are young and we can develop them.

• Haha 1