Orioles trade Cashner to Red Sox

MurphDogg

7 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Yeah, Cashner needed to be dealt and hopefully a few years from now one or both of these guys are contributing at the big league level.

BTW, the tweet seems misleading to me, saying, "The Dominican Summer League players from the Cashner trade are off to hot starts in the #Orioles organization,"  yet the article goes on to say that Prado has a .791 OPS and Romero has a .653 OPS with their respective DSL Orioles squads. Prado has impressed overall, but Romero has certainly not gotten off to a hot start. I can't help myself when I see something that appears to misrepresent the facts. Then again, I admit I could be missing something. Regardless, I hope to see these young men do well.

You have to factor in that the DSL is a pitching-friendly league (average OPS .697) and Romero plays a defense-first position.   I don’t know that I’d call .653 a “hot start,” but it’s decent for a 17-year old SS in that league.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Looks like the Red Sox have fallen victim to the current state of baseball.  Chris Sale has a stellar K9, BB9 and WHIP and yet his ERA is almost five during that stretch.

While ERod's stats are poor and yet his ERA is the lowest, the only one under 4.

On 8/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, LA2 said:

While ERod's stats are poor and yet his ERA is the lowest, the only one under 4.

4.10 now.  And still a 117 ERA+.  One can argue that his stats are not poor, but average and a little lucky.

Red Sox have a team 4.71 ERA which looks awful.  And it's a 102 ERA+!  That's crazy.

2 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

4.10 now.  And still a 117 ERA+.  One can argue that his stats are not poor, but average and a little lucky.

Red Sox have a team 4.71 ERA which looks awful.  And it's a 102 ERA+!  That's crazy.

In 2014, that 4.71 team ERA would place the Red Sox in dead last in the AL team pitching by 0.14 points. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I’d love to see a total redo of the concessions. The food for the most part sucks. The concessions are ridiculously priced for the offering both in quality and portion. I know they have discounts and stuff for “Birdland Memberships” season ticket plans. My company has tickets but they isn’t anyway to bestow the discounts to the folks using the tickets. Just price the stuff fairly to begin with an quit all of the game playing. I feel like I’m at Kohls with my wife leveraging Kohls Cash to get a fair price for something.
    • Here's how some other Oriole prospects have fared in Aberdeen.  Cowser .795 Kjerstad .674 Mayo .821 Henderson .775 Westburg .858 I would say Bradfield is doing pretty well at the moment. 
    • Schedule starts to become conducive to increased attendance. You have Seattle the next 2 games(Sat and Sun), then the next 4 home stands( which brings us to All Star break) are as follows, week of Memorial day Boston and Tampa on the weekend, but with the holiday basically 4 weekend dates. Then Atlanta followed by Philly on the weekend, should be the best week of the year so far. Then a 7 game week of Cleveland with a 4 game weekend series against Texas. Finally The Cubs come to town followed by weekend against the  Yankees. Should be good.
    • It’s not like Elias and Sig have been reliant solely upon top 5 picks. Wasn’t Westburg 1:30 and Mayo something like a 3rd rounder?  If Bradfield happened to be a pitcher, I would most certainly share your concerns. Because this front office has no track record in drafting and developing pitching, for the most part they haven’t even really tried. But the position players, for now I think they have that covered in spades. Bradfield hasn’t even had a half of a seasons to adjust to professional baseball. Rare is the player like Holliday, who just begins like a whirlwind and doesn’t stop until he gets to the big leagues.  Not that I’m telling you anything that you don’t already know as a long time baseball/Orioles fan, but most of these guys take a little time. Even our younger players on the big club are still growing/improving.
    • I agree Hays is fine to spell Mullins while he figures out how to swing a bat again. I also agree that Hays is disproportionately affected by the wall. If he wasn’t so perpetually dinged up, increasingly expensive and average, he would be an excellent trade candidate.  
    • Rubenstein came down the aisle for our section last night during the game tossing out dozens of hats and talking to the fans as he went. Awesome to have an owner that truly loves this team and enjoys being part of the crowd.
  • Popular Contributors