Tanner Scott

weams

4 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Does he look like a 5 inning pitcher? (Thinking conservative here).

Ugh, typos in my comment. I fullly blame my mobile device and autocorrect! ?

Agree with CoC. He only throws 2 pitches, granted both are very hard. If he can develop a quality 3rd offering, then that would significantly increase his chances at starting. 

He seems to be destined for a late inning relief role. I think it was Mayo in the booth that said he sees closing games in MLB in his future. 

4 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Thanks for the review! I wonder if he is going to pitch in the Double A All Star game this week?

Sure thing! I think he does. He only pitched an inning the other day (rather than his normal 3) and then an inning today. AA ASG is Wednesday, so that gives him a couple days to rest up. 

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kind of glad they tried pushing him, even though his line would have looked better if they pulled him after 3.

I'd rather they keep the 3IP thing going as he goes up the ladder.  Would love to have a guy in the pen that could piggy-back our five inning starters.

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd rather they keep the 3IP thing going as he goes up the ladder.  Would love to have a guy in the pen that could piggy-back our five inning starters.

That's "if" the starters can even get to 5 at times.

Though it would fit in with the Astros bullpen strategy. Seems to work for them.

There's an article in today's Sun http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-pitching-development-0721-story.html on the O's working on Scott and Liranzo to be starters - given the organization's obvious derth in starters.  And they're considering doing the same with Castro next Spring.  It's about 2 steps: 1 is each of them developing a 3rd pitch, and 2 is stretching out their arms so they can eventually go 5 plus innings.  Scott is now a 4 inning pitcher and working on that slider.  Liranzo's had 6 starts, and the O's seem happy with his improvement - after he disappointed as a reliever.  Gotta give the O's credit for thinking outside the box on these talented arms.    

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2017 at 8:53 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Same. Even though it didn't end up as the result they wanted.

One thing to keep in mind as they stretch these three inning guys out - it will be the first time they've gone through a large part of the order a second time (with the exception of maybe the top couple of guys in the lineup).  So not only are they dealing with developing that 3rd pitch, they're working through some pitchability things too.  There's a definite learning curve there.