Tanner Scott

weams

14 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Another good outing. 8 IP this season with 10 K and a 1.13 WHIP. 

Scott, Castro, and Givens, make up a good backend of the future pen. 

His slider was nasty yesterday.   Mallex Smith couldn’t see it at all, so Sisco just called for it four times in a row.   So long as he throws strikes, he has a chance to be very good.   

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

His slider was nasty yesterday.   Mallex Smith couldn’t see it at all, so Sisco just called for it four times in a row.   So long as he throws strikes, he has a chance to be very good.   

As I said in the game thread, the Rays' color guy was pretty positive about Scott and how the Orioles developed him.  He did of course point out that command of his pitches would be the main hurdle he has to overcome.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

As I said in the game thread, the Rays' color guy was pretty positive about Scott and how the Orioles developed him.  He did of course point out that command of his pitches would be the main hurdle he has to overcome.

Watching him over the last few years, his ability to throw strikes has improved by such a huge amount. 

I don’t think he ever will have average command, but he doesn’t really need it to be a setup type reliever, he has the stuff to be wild in the zone.

3 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Watching him over the last few years, his ability to throw strikes has improved by such a huge amount. 

I don’t think he ever will have average command, but he doesn’t really need it to be a setup type reliever, he has the stuff to be wild in the zone.

I would rather he close honestly, since with today's usage patterns it would mean he would appear more often to lead off an inning as opposed to coming in with runners on.

34 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I would rather he close honestly, since with today's usage patterns it would mean he would appear more often to lead off an inning as opposed to coming in with runners on.

I was more using setup type as an performance outcome rather than a defined role, but yeah, I tend to agree.

• 2 weeks later...

o

Scott entered the game with the bases loaded and nobody out, in the 6th inning ........ no wiggle-room, whatsoever.

He proceeded to strike out the side on 15 pitches ........ keeping the game at least modestly competitive.

3 OUTS: 3 Strikeouts

TANNER ALEXANDER SCOTT ))))))))  (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 5/26)

IP:lll1)

H:llllll 

R:lllll0

BB:ll0 

SO:ll3

Pitches: l) 15 )(12 )Strikes, ))Balls)

2018 ERA: l)  5.11  )  12.33 IP  (7 ER)

2018 WHIP: l)  1.378  )  12.33 IP  (17 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG:  l)  .255  ) (12 for 47)

PITCHES BY INNING 

15 ll(12 llStrikes, lll3 llllBalls)

o

• Upvote 2

Scott been pretty good but have not seen the 100mph fastball that he had in the minors.  Maybe he is holding back some to control it more.  He really on had one game he really loss control in his outing.  5 walks and 17 ks in 12 innings is pretty impressive. 

11 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Scott entered the game with the bases loaded and nobody out, in the 6th inning ........ no wiggle-room, whatsoever.

He proceeded to strike out the side on 15 pitches ........ keeping the game at least modestly competitive.

3 OUTS: 3 Strikeouts

TANNER ALEXANDER SCOTT ))))))  (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 5/26)

IP:lll1)

H:llllll 

R:lllll0

BB:ll0 

SO:ll3

Pitches: l) 15 )(12 )Strikes, ))Balls)

2018 ERA: l)  5.11  )  12.33 IP  (7 ER)

2018 WHIP: l)  1.378  )  12.33 IP  (17 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG:  l)  .255  ) (12 for 47)

PITCHES BY INNING 

15 ll(12 llStrikes, lll3 llllBalls)

o

He's a winner. 

48 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

No, you really didn't fix that. If he throws strikes he can dominate (verb). If he throws strikes he can be dominant (adjective).

I was being facetious....mistake often made here on OH.  :leaving:   corn got it

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...