Tanner Scott

weams

2 hours ago, weams said:

I never wanted to see Donnie Hart this season. I wanted the Orioles to keep Brian Duensing. 

17 minutes ago, weams said:

Donnie Hart might be an ok neighbor. I never want to see him on my baseball team though.

3.60 ERA, 7 of 29 inherited runners have scored.     That's decent for a guy making the league minimum.   Duensing has been better, but also is making $2 mm.   Honestly, he's going better this year than I would have expected based on his track record.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

3.60 ERA, 7 of 29 inherited runners have scored.     That's decent for a guy making the league minimum.   Duensing has been better, but also is making $2 mm.   Honestly, he's going better this year than I would have expected based on his track record.   

I have not been happy with him. 

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I guess I always expect a loogy to get his one or two guys and out too. 

7 minutes ago, weams said:

6 minutes ago, weams said:

I guess I always expect a loogy to get his one or two guys and out too. 

I'm not crazy about the guy.    Honestly, his stats are better than I would guess just by having watched him.    But he hasn't been horrible.    

28 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Hart's got an 85 MPH fastball and nothing else particularly good.  I don't care if you throw sidearm, underarm, 360 reverse-toss, or behind the back; it's amazing he's done as well as he has.  

From Brooks baseball, "Donnie Hart has thrown 1,011 pitches that have been tracked by the PITCHf/x system between 2015 and 2017, including pitches thrown in the MLB Regular Season, the MLB Postseason and Fall/Winter Ball. In 2017, he has relied primarily on his Sinker (88mph) and Slider (77mph), also mixing in a Change (80mph). He also rarely throws a Fourseam Fastball (89mph)."

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, weams said:

Me either. The job of a LOOGY is to dominate lefties. LHB slashed .262/.368/.400/.768 off him whcih doesn't cut it for that role. He was a guy with marginal stuff but once he wasn't able to effectively get his slider over for strikes batters were able to ignore it enough to make it less of a weapon.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

From Brooks baseball, "Donnie Hart has thrown 1,011 pitches that have been tracked by the PITCHf/x system between 2015 and 2017, including pitches thrown in the MLB Regular Season, the MLB Postseason and Fall/Winter Ball. In 2017, he has relied primarily on his Sinker (88mph) and Slider (77mph), also mixing in a Change (80mph). He also rarely throws a Fourseam Fastball (89mph)."

From Ruzious:  "My 15 year old nephew could hit Donnie Hart's average fastball."