Tanner Scott

weams

53 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hart was a better option than Duensing because Hart has options. Plus Hart was a victim of the pen getting overworked early on. He got over used and over exposed. Buck has never really used him as a true LOOGY either. 

I'd like to see Scott get some IP down the stretch. 

Options mean nothing if you don't pitch shutdown as a short reliever. 

• 6 months later...

o

6 OUTS: )  2 Groundouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Popout, 1 Lineout, 1 Caught Stealing

TANNER ALEXANDER SCOTT ))))))  (vs. INDIANS, 4/21)

IP:lll2)

H:llllll (1 Single)

R:lllll0

BB:ll0 

SO:ll1

Pitches: l) 19 )(11 )Strikes, ))Balls)

2018 ERA: l)  2.45 )  3.67 IP  (1 ER)

2018 WHIP: l)  1.091 )  3.67 IP  (4 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .250  ) (3 for 12)

PITCHES BY INNING 

91 ll(5 llStrikes, l4 llllBalls)

10 lll(6 llStrikes, l4 llllBalls)

o

• 3 weeks later...

o

Scott had an amazing Strikes-to-Balls ratio tonight )(24 )Strikes, )7 )Balls.)

6 OUTS: 4 Strikeouts, 1 Groundout, 1 Flyout

TANNER ALEXANDER SCOTT ))))))  (vs. ROYALS, 5/10)

IP:lll2)

H:llllll (1 Single)

R:lllll0

BB:ll0 

SO:ll4

Pitches: l) 31 )(24 )Strikes, ))Balls)

2018 ERA: l)  4.05 )  6.67 IP  (3 ER)

2018 WHIP: l)  1.199)  6.67 IP  (8 H/BB)

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .280  ) (7 for 25)

PITCHES BY INNING 

15 ll(12 llStrikes, lll3 llllBalls)

16 lll(12 llStrikes, lll4 llllBalls)

o

Fastball is back up to 98-99.  It was in the 94-96 range when he was with the team earlier in the season. 

He throws some really good sliders......and some really bad ones.  I like him as a slightly erratic two inning guy.  I think he's too wild to be a closer at this point.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Fastball is back up to 98-99.  It was in the 94-96 range when he was with the team earlier in the season. 

He throws some really good sliders......and some really bad ones.  I like him as a slightly erratic two inning guy.  I think he's too wild to be a closer at this point.  

Nugget.

9 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Agreed on above - easy gas - simple mechanics and poise growing.  His ball looks different when it explodes in the zone!  Am I sounding too "Bordy"?  ?

4 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Agreed on above - easy gas - simple mechanics and poise growing.  His ball looks different when it explodes in the zone!  Am I sounding too "Bordy"?  ?

How about all of those punchouts!  As long as he keeps the other team from getting some stakes....

I get that they have to manage the roster and he has options, but they really just need to let him stay up and continue to pitch.  I think guys like him and Castro (if they don't convert him to a SP) will be key in replacing Brach, Britton, and possibly O'Day (if they move him before the deadline) in the back of the bullpen next year and beyond.

17 minutes ago, esmd said:

I get that they have to manage the roster and he has options, but they really just need to let him stay up and continue to pitch.  I think guys like him and Castro (if they don't convert him to a SP) will be key in replacing Brach, Britton, and possibly O'Day (if they move him before the deadline) in the back of the bullpen next year and beyond.

+1, he is just better than Tillman, Wright and Araujo. Pick one of those guys to get rid of and let's see what Scott can do. 

Then get rid of the other two guys.

I think Scott is progressing quite well.    He’s only walked one batter in 6.2 innings, as opposed to 6 in 10 innings at Norfolk.    So long as he doesn’t walk too many guys, his stuff will certainly play in the big leagues.