Hate to do it but... Dalton Pompey?

interloper

2 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I mean...why not.  We don't have a CF on the roster and two open spots on the 40 man.  

Maybe he needs a change of scenery

He's had at least three concussions.  He needs to get out before he does permanent damage to himself.

Pompey sustained the third concussion of his career when he hit his head on some bats that had been placed on the top of his spring training locker on March 25, three days before the regular season started.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why?

Um....he's had 21 games at AAA. He was woefully unprepared for the majors in 2017 through no fault of his own and since then he's had very little development time due to injuries. Just because Duquette made a bad decision doesn't mean the current admin has to follow suit.

4 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Um....he's had 21 games at AAA. He was woefully unprepared for the majors in 2017 through no fault of his own and since then he's had very little development time due to injuries. Just because Duquette made a bad decision doesn't mean the current admin has to follow suit.

Schoop had 70 games at Norfolk, Markakis and Machado had 0.  Hays doesn't need more time at AAA.  It might be in his best interest but than again a multitude of players have spent little or no time at AAA and been just fine.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Schoop had 70 games at Norfolk, Markakis and Machado had 0.  Hays doesn't need more time at AAA.  It might be in his best interest but than again a multitude of players have spent little or no time at AAA and been just fine.

Soooo.. Schoop had basically the exact amount of games Hays would have if he finished the year in AAA. Machado was a significantly better prospect than Hays. Someone like DJ Stewart probably should be in the majors. I see no reason to rush Hays this summer he's already been all over the place so far and should get consistent playing time to end the year and make the squad out of ST next year.

3 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Soooo.. Schoop had basically the exact amount of games Hays would have if he finished the year in AAA. Machado was a significantly better prospect than Hays. Someone like DJ Stewart probably should be in the majors. I see no reason to rush Hays this summer he's already been all over the place so far and should get consistent playing time to end the year and make the squad out of ST next year.

I see no reason to rush Hays is not the same thing as Hays needs to finish the year in AAA

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I see no reason to rush Hays is not the same thing as Hays needs to finish the year in AAA

Acknowledging that it would in fact be a rush to have him practically skip AAA implies that he should finish the year in AAA given that's almost August already.