Hate to do it but... Dalton Pompey?

interloper

Just now, Frobby said:

I’ve looked at this a few times, and it’s a mix.    Manny Machado never played AAA.   Aaron Judge had 689 PA there.    Certainly plenty of elite players either skipped AAA or had only a brief time there.    

I thought Judge was going to be a bust. An Eric Jagielo. Boy was I wrong. They coached that up. 

14 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Honest question, but what, and this goes for @Can_of_corn as well, leads you to believe that Hays is currently one of those guys? As much as i want him to be good, I'm not sure many people see him the way you do.

I think that, if he can stay healthy, he'll have a career in the majors.  I don't think a longer stint in AAA increases his chances.

1 minute ago, weams said:

He has been hurt for close to two seasons. He had ankle reconstruction after playing on it for half a year. 

I forgot the ankle injury required reconstruction actually, but he has been injury prone overall. Had a minor hamstring injury as well, wrist injury, thumb injury.. not the most durable guy overall.

Just now, Sessh said:

I forgot the ankle injury required reconstruction actually, but he has been injury prone overall. Had a minor hamstring injury as well, wrist injury, thumb injury.. not the most durable guy overall.

I'm not sold that means much long term.  Hardy had a rap for not staying healthy and suddenly he was fine for years.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that, if he can stay healthy, he'll have a career in the majors.  I don't think a longer stint in AAA increases his chances.

And by your estimation, why do you think Elias and Sig disagree with that assertion?

2 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Nope. And the Thumb thing was VERY worrisome. Seems to be healthy for once. 

Just now, Sessh said:

Yeah, his injury history isn’t great to this point, but I’m not ready to lay the “Reimold” label on him yet.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, his injury history isn’t great to this point, but I’m not ready to lay the “Reimold” label on him yet.

Nor am I, but it does make me wonder how much we will be able to depend on him. CoC's point about Hardy is valid, but he was injury prone most of his career. We'll see. In fully expect Hays and Mountcastle to spend a great deal of time with the Orioles next season. I would say Harvey as well, but he hasn't gotten off to a good start at all at Norfolk. I hope he can make it eventually.

4 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Nor am I, but it does make me wonder how much we will be able to depend on him. CoC's point about Hardy is valid, but he was injury prone most of his career. We'll see. In fully expect Hays and Mountcastle to spend a great deal of time with the Orioles next season. I would say Harvey as well, but he hasn't gotten off to a good start at all at Norfolk. I hope he can make it eventually.

I expect that for the next three seasons, guys with come and go - exceed and fail our expectations. Hopefully, we will sign no Jay Peytons or Kevin Millars.

2 minutes ago, weams said:

I expect that for the next three seasons, guys with come and go - exceed and fail our expectations. Hopefully, we will sign no Jay Peytons or Kevin Millars.

On that, we can agree completely.

• Upvote 1