The Rubber Match (vs. DIAMONDBACKS, 7/24)

OFFNY

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, scOtt said:

But why Orioles?

That’s a really interesting question, and sometimes I’m not sure I have the answer for it myself. All I remember is how exciting was game 162 of the 2011 season, and how incredibly crushed I was at game six of that World Series. It was so close and all Ron Washington had to do was send in Endy Chavez as a defensive replacement for Nelson Cruz. 

Anyway, fast forward to the opening of the 2012 season, and Houston and Baltimore both started with a three-game sweep. Each team fell back to earth very fast, but I found myself following the Orioles more and more, the Rangers to, but the Orioles more and more. They were just more likable, more exciting more fun, and win the wildcard game happened at the end of the 2012 season, I was utterly astonished to find it I was rooting for the Orioles more than the Rangers, and I was happy when the Orioles won! No I can’t explain it, but ever since then I’ve been a devoted follower of the Orioles, no matter how bad the Orioles have been, and no matter how disgusted I got at Many of the personnel moves that were made. I follow other teams, but the only one I really care about is the Orioles.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

That’s a really interesting question, and sometimes I’m not sure I have the answer for it myself. All I remember is how exciting was game 162 of the 2011 season, and how incredibly crushed I was at game six of that World Series. It was so close and all Ron Washington had to do was send in Endy Chavez as a defensive replacement for Nelson Cruz. 

Anyway, fast forward to the opening of the 2012 season, and Houston and Baltimore both started with a three-game sweep. Each team fell back to earth very fast, but I found myself following the Orioles more and more, the Rangers to, but the Orioles more and more. They were just more likable, more exciting more fun, and win the wildcard game happened at the end of the 2012 season, I was utterly astonished to find it I was rooting for the Orioles more than the Rangers, and I was happy when the Orioles won! No I can’t explain it, but ever since then I’ve been a devoted follower of the Orioles, no matter how bad the Orioles have been, and no matter how disgusted I got at Many of the personnel moves that were made. I follow other teams, but the only one I really care about is the Orioles.

INCREDIBLE night. Of baseball as a whole and for us O's fans in particular. We and TB knocked those F-ing Red Sox out of the Payoffs! :D

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

INCREDIBLE night. Of baseball as a whole and for us O's fans in particular. We and TB knocked those F-ing Red Sox out of the Payoffs! :D

Yes, I will never forget how so many unlikely things happened. And they happen at the last minute the last pitch the last inning. Robert Andino Will live forever in Orioles history.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Yes, I will never forget how so many unlikely things happened. And they happen at the last minute the last pitch the last inning. Robert Andino Will live forever in Orioles history.

The best part was the rain delay to synch up the games.

Archived