Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/28)

OFFNY

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Tie game away. Use your closer in the 9th. By the book.

No, not really.   "The book" (like the one Buck followed) says you only use your closer in a tie game at home.   Because on the road you might score and have a lead and "need" the closer later.

So Hyde went against the traditional play.   But he did it with a guy who threw 30 pitches yesterday and has a record of not being great in the 2nd of back to back days.

Disappointing loss, but the fact is I really think it all goes down to leaving Bundy in the game. If Brandon had pulled him at the beginning of the inning, Armstrong would still have had to get three outs, But those extra two runs would not have scored. Hyde Should have pulled him, and I really hope that he’s not going to take a page from bucks book and leave his guys in too long.

meanwhile, rats...

Just now, Il BuonO said:

I don’t see a MLB team being enamored with Givens just because of SOs. Too inconsistent.

Disagree. He's still a seasoned, quality arm. I don't think we'll get a ton for him but I think teamS will be after him.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

No, not really.   "The book" (like the one Buck followed) says you only use your closer in a tie game at home.   Because on the road you might score and have a lead and "need" the closer later.

So Hyde went against the traditional play.   But he did it with a guy who threw 30 pitches yesterday and has a record of not being great in the 2nd of back to back days.

The problem isn’t given us, if he had managed Bundy better he wouldn’t have had to use Givens at all. 

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

Disagree. He's still a seasoned, quality arm. I don't think we'll get a ton for him but I think teamS will be after him.

Plus what looks like a good BP arm is a bit different these days. I think I have seen about 500 runs after the 6th inning just watching the Yankees play the Red Sox.

Archived