vs. PADRES, 7/29

OFFNY

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

Maybe Hess can manage to eat 4 or 5 innings, and at least serve some positive purpose before he gets sent back down to AAA.

o

o

OK, that was 4.67 innings of bad pitching, but at least he got 14 outs in the process.

o

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Playoffs are slipping away?  lol yeah with Red Sox going 2-5 in last 7 they will probably pass us any minute.  We are going to the playoffs I don’t know why you keep thinking they won’t make it or have no chance.    They also are not gonna use up an option for Young for one spot start.  
    • I rarely post as I prefer to read the wonderful banter on this board   I especially love the intelligent, thoughtful posts from Frobby, as well as the passionate and dramatic statements from Roy Firestone.  However, I dread the reactionary threads and constant finger-pointing when things go wrong. Case in point, I was watching ESPN game tracker last night and reading the thread and felt the Orioles were being robbed by a terrible umpire,which ruined my mood and life in general (yes, I can be like Roy).  However, when I checked the scorecard, here is what I found: 100% accuracy on called balls.  88% on called strikes.   I am not well versed on these statistics so wanted some guidance on what constitutes a good score.  I’ll be rooting for the Orioles tonight to bounce back whether the umpire agrees or not. 🙏   Here is a sample of the comments directly from the thread:   Sports guy “Story of tonight was the umpiring.  It was an absolute disgrace and definitely led to some bad at bats that maybe wouldn’t have been so bad with an umpiring that had the gift of sight.” ”Embarrassing umpiring. Both teams should rip the hell out of this guy in the post game pressers.” Os84 ”That umpire should be arrested for crimes against Baseball.” dzorange ”I can’t wait to see this ump’s scorecard” Emory Eagle ”Kind of ridiculous how one sided this strike zone. ” Moreisbetter27 ”This umpire is terrible. Alot of the time when a catcher pulls a pitch so exaggeratedly like Francisco is doing, it works against the pitcher because the umpire is noticing how ridiculously the catcher is moving. This guy is eating it up. ”
    • This.   When Mountcastle gets hot his numbers jump.   We will have to wait to see if that happen between now and when the O's stop playing this season.
    • I'm no longer a believer that Mountcastle is much more than an average hitter and first baseman.I'd try and move him in the offseason. He's just too streaky.
    • I had read that it was 440+ until the 1970's and I guess the source I read was wrong.  Power alleys were 370-385 from mid 60-s to mid 70-s, so I guess not too extreme, 
  • Popular Contributors