Stewart recalled

Legend_Of_Joey

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Don’t want to make excuses for the guy, but the outfield was probably quite wet.   Sometimes stuff happens.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

You know he had NCAA RB scholarships right?  You know the guy slipped on a wet field right?  You see the photos from flooding in Baltimore last night?  I’m surprised that game was even played. 

And yet again this has to be said...Not everyone is built like Adrian Peterson, some people are built like Eddie Lacy.

If this were Ryan Mountcastle the board would be talking about how Orioles management was irresponsible for even playing that game. But it fits the failed first round draft pick narrative to pile on Stewart. 

Why the heck didn’t the trainer take him out right when it happened?  

Nobody else was doing belly flops out there.

Dude needs to relax and catch a fly ball.

12 minutes ago, AceKing said:

Nobody else was doing belly flops out there.

Dude needs to relax and catch a fly ball.

Have you ever played on a field after it’s rained?   Sometimes you hit a spot that’s particularly slippery or soft, sometimes you don’t.   

Stewart's a good athlete and capable corner OF.  Anyone who assumes otherwise because of his build should be ashamed of themselves (coming from a tall lanky guy).

Really stinks if he indeed does have a concussion, he needs reps at the ML level.  Hopefully we're not looking at another 2-3 weeks before he's back.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Stewart's a good athlete and capable corner OF.  Anyone who assumes otherwise because of his build should be ashamed of themselves (coming from a tall lanky guy).

Really stinks if he indeed does have a concussion, he needs reps at the ML level.  Hopefully we're not looking at another 2-3 weeks before he's back.

Capable of what, making Manny Ramirez look like a good left fielder

I said it the day he was drafted, he is not a ML player. He didn't / doesn't have a single projectable ML tool (arm, speed, power, contact)

Man I'd love to interview the scout(s) that thought he was worthy of a first round pick

• Downvote 4

24 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Capable of what, making Manny Ramirez look like a good left fielder

I said it the day he was drafted, he is not a ML player. He didn't / doesn't have a single projectable ML tool (arm, speed, power, contact)

Man I'd love to interview the scout(s) that thought he was worthy of a first round pick

Just head on down to Atlanta...I am sure Gary Rajsich would be happy to see you.  

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

And the Orioles other prized outfielders are not hitting right now. McKenna between last year and this year is batting .235 at Bowie. Last 10 games batting .057. Hays also is hitting  ..220 at Norfolk  with a ..272 .OBP. Last 10 games batting .122. Both show occasional pop but need to hit more to receive a call up. So Stewart was the choice they made.