vs. D-RAYS, 8/23

OFFNY

o

Since being acquired from the Marlins, Trevor Richards  was tagged for 8 Hits 2 Runs in only 3.33 Innings Pitched in his previous (and only) outing with the D-Rays this past Sunday ........ but he also had 6 Strikeouts and only 1 Walk in that same game.

TAMPA BAY DEVIL R AYS

Pending

Trevor Michael Richards - RHP )) (3-12, 4.53 ERA) ) *  

*   )) (3-12, 4.50 ERA) OOO [FLORIDA MARLINS]  OOOOO (0-0, 5.40 ERA) OOO [TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS]

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Jonathan Rafael Villar Roque - SS

Trey Mancini - RF

Anthony Santander - CF

Renato Nunez - DH

Demetrius Jerome Stewart - LF

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Rio Ruiz - 3B

Chris Davis - 1B

Chance Sisco - C

Tyson Michael Blach - LHP )) (0-1, 12.06 ERA) ) *  

*   )) (0-0, 14.21 ERA) OOO [SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS]  OOOOO (0-1, 10.61 ERA) OOO [BALTIMORE ORIOLES]

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

14 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Since being acquired from the Marlins, Trevor Richards  was tagged for 8 Hits 2 Runs in only 3.33 Innings Pitched in his previous (and only) outing with the D-Rays this past Sunday ........ but he also had 6 Strikeouts and only 1 Walk in that same game.

o

o

He's pared it down to a decent Fastball (which he has thrown higher in the zone this season) and a great Change-up. 

He had not used his Curveball or his Cutter in his last few games prior to the trade to the Rays, but the article asserts that that may have been a symptom of him having moved to the Marlins' bullpen ........ now that he is being used as a starter again, it will be interesting to see if he remains a 2-pitch pitcher or if he reacclimates the Curveball and the Cutter into his stockpile of pitches.

Trevor Richards is Consolidating His Repertoire

(By Kenny Kelly)

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2019/8/21/20826021/trevor-richards-tampa-bay-rays-changeup-pitch-usage

o

Just now, Yossarian said:

I'm not seeing what all of the hype around DJ Stewart was.

What "all the hype"?

I never saw or heard anyone who thought the kid would be anything more than a league average sort of guy.  On the other hand I remember one poster who said the pitchers the O's got in the Matusz trade would have superior careers.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What "all the hype"?

I never saw or heard anyone who thought the kid would be anything more than a league average sort of guy.  On the other hand I remember one poster who said the pitchers the O's got in the Matusz trade would have superior careers.

From what we've seen so far, he's not even that yet.  This team could use some "league average" type players in the roster.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not suggesting anyone actually listen to it.

I gave Cruel Summer a try earlier hoping it was a cover of the Bananarama classic.  It wasn't.

My head might explode if I listen to her. It’s a big leap. Or, are you suggesting the potential comedic value?