vs. D-RAYS, 8/23

OFFNY

18 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Jacob deGrom has thrown 6 innings of 1-run ball against the Braves so far, striking out 12 batters in the process ........ but his team was losing the game by a score of 1-0.

So deGrom stepped up to the plate and hit a home run on the first pitch that he saw in the bottom of the 6th, to tie the game.

o

8 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Is the AL getting rid of the DH ???

o

No.

Some of those potential star pitchers at Bowie, Freredick, and Delmarva are such good hitters that we're going to be periodically declining our right to the DH and have the pitcher hit for himself.

o

12 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

If Davis has an 0-3 or 0-4 game, but none of his outs are from strikeouts is that a good game for him now?

Just tuned in from here in Seoul. I looked at the box score and thought exactly that: "Hmm, Davis 0 for 3 with Zero Ks--he's having a good game!"

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

If we lose this game and Cleveland beats Kansas City, we will be mathematically eliminated from making the playoffs.

Cleveland 4, KC 0, bottom 2nd.

Our playoff dreams are fading. No doubt the team will huddle around TV sets in the clubhouse hoping the Royals can come from behind (4-1 in the 8th) and keep our flickering playoff hopes alive 

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think Davis should consider any game that Hyde lets him bat a good game.

Actually, I was not expecting to see him again at all. Brandon as much as said that he was going to be giving Davis’ at bats to others.

I wonder if somebody from higher up told him that that was a no go, because it sure sounded like he was politely saying that Davis was going to sit and sit some more.