Orioles open up job spot for Luke-OH

Legend_Of_Joey

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

Hmmm wonder what the back story is on this?

Elias trying to build his own scouting department, he didn't get hired soon enough to make these sorts of moves over the winter, there was too much draft stuff to do. 

I do wonder if this was inevitable or if these scouts were given a chance to show they could jive with Elias's process/methodology and they failed to do so.

• Upvote 4

The OP title had me thinking Luke had been hired by the O's (though it appears to have meant to be taken tongue-in-cheek). :)

As others have said, Elias is making changes that he wasn't able to after his initial hiring. It's possible, if not likely, that he already has candidates lined up for these positions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

The OP title had me thinking Luke had been hired by the O's. 

As others have said, Elias is making changes that he wasn't able to after his initial hiring. It's possible, if not likely, that he already has candidates lined up for these positions.

I don't think scouting pays well enough.

• Upvote 1

Kind’ve sorry to hear about Dean Albany.  Local guy and someone who gave Tony good information on our prospects at times.   

I was a little surprised Tripp Norton survived the original purge, and so therefore I’m surprised that, having survived that, he’s being let go now.  

Good luck to them, and Nate Showalter.

• Upvote 2