Arrieta pitching now

wickedwitch

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a bit sketchy. The guy wasn't blocking the plate or anything. Oh well.

Two things.

1. The catcher was absolutely standing straight up in the baseline. Maybe not completely blocking the plate, but how is Schierholtz supposed to know in real time that he will beat the throw?

2. The Chinese have hit 4 US batters in the game. I have no sympathy that the catcher got leveled

Davey Johnson was out there talking to Ontiveros (Chinese coach) and the umps. You could clearly see Davey mouthing "he was blocking the plate".

Oh my. That is *not* how to block the plate.

Chinese catcher stood tall over the plate on a play at home. US runner (Schuerlholz) absolutely obliterated the guy. The high throw didn't help I suppose.

Right, he wasn't so much blocking the plate as standing clueless and defenseless in the baseline

Lack of commentary is fine with me. Quite often I will watch a game and mute the sound anyway.

Lack of commentary when trying to get other work done is terrible for me, if I have time to just sit and watch an entire game without looking away I dont mind either.

Not sure who is doing the NBC Live Commentary text on their feed, but this just came through on the scroll

"It might be best for everyone if this game ends now, and the U.S. doesn't get the chance to escalate things in the eighth"

WTH? What is next? Kick someone in the jimmy?

Don't know if anyone just saw this....Chinese player hit a homerun to make the score 9-1. He ran around the bases with hand held high in the air, made a fist pump around 3rd, and stomped on home plate. Does he realize he's getting his ass kicked right now?

Wow. Just wow. CHN batter just hits a HR in the 9th to make it 9-1 USA, and has his hand raised all around the bases, pumping his fist in the air, then stomps on home plate. Is he trying to make some sort of statement?

Here was the commentary on the live feed chat

"Well, that is the first homer for China in the tournament, so some of the enthusiam is understood. Still, the hand raised around the bases, fist pumps and then the stomping on home plate in a 9-1 game qualifies as more than a little ridicuous."

US is showing good restraint in not hitting the next batter. They should start a brawl in the handshakes

Don't know if anyone just saw this....Chinese player hit a homerun to make the score 9-1. He ran around the bases with hand held high in the air, made a fist pump around 3rd, and stomped on home plate. Does he realize he's getting his ass kicked right now?

You must have missed the rest of the game. CHN has played this game like a spoiled child who doesn't get their way. They hit 5 US batters, including Laporta to the head after a US runner leveled the catcher on a play at the plate.

I know the Olympics are supposed to be about unity, fair play, blah, blah... but I am glad the US just spanked China, and I can't wait to read the post game comments

Archived