Yanks or Bluejays?

Fan4Life

I know the gut reaction is Jays sweeping the Yanks... thats easy... but... understanding that IF the goal is to end the season in 3rd place, and that both of these teams are ahead of us... that we need to gain on both of them... realizing that FIRST we must beat Boston, at least 2 at of 3. They have looked human since Manny left. What is the best scenario?

Bluejays sweep and we try and make it up against the Jays later?

Yankees sweep and we try and make it up against the Yankees later?

Jays take 2 of 3?

Yanks take 2 of 3?

We have 6 games left against both teams and have played much worse against Toronto.

I know the gut reaction is Jays sweeping the Yanks... thats easy... but... understanding that IF the goal is to end the season in 3rd place, and that both of these teams are ahead of us... that we need to gain on both of them... realizing that FIRST we must beat Boston, at least 2 at of 3. They have looked human since Manny left. What is the best scenario?

Bluejays sweep and we try and make it up against the Jays later?

Yankees sweep and we try and make it up against the Yankees later?

Jays take 2 of 3?

Yanks take 2 of 3?

We have 6 games left against both teams and have played much worse against Toronto.

Is that the goal?

It is my goal, yes. What other goal can there be?

Well at this point I couldn't care less about where we finish in the standings and so how Toronto and New York fair against each other is not too important.

I just want the team to go out there and play sound ball. I want them to forget the previous August/September swoons and continue to show heart. If they finish last, but look like a team that can compete in the future. I want some young guys to get a real shot.

Most importantly, I'd like to finish above .500 which, yes, does somewhat contradict everything I just said....

Well at this point I couldn't care less about where we finish in the standings and so how Toronto and New York fair against each other is not too important.

I just want the team to go out there and play sound ball. I want them to forget the previous August/September swoons and continue to show heart. If they finish last, but look like a team that can compete in the future. I want some young guys to get a real shot.

Most importantly, I'd like to finish above .500 which, yes, does somewhat contradict everything I just said....

Agree completely with Pedro's second paragraph. Once the Orioles are out of the running for the division title or the wild card, I don't care at all where they finish. I just want to see them competing in every game. Beyond that, the chips can fall where they may.

Having said that, though, if it doesn't affect the Orioles' chances of winning the division or the wild card, I'll always root for the Blue Jays when they're playing the Yankee$.

Agree completely with Pedro's second paragraph. Once the Orioles are out of the running for the division title or the wild card, I don't care at all where they finish. I just want to see them competing in every game. Beyond that, the chips can fall where they may.

Having said that, though, if it doesn't affect the Orioles' chances of winning the division or the wild card, I'll always root for the Blue Jays when they're playing the Yankee$.

The only way to forget the horrors of the past is to put them to rest. The only way to do that is to win and or have won enough to be able to show something for your efforts. I'm not sure wanting the team just to play sound ball is a goal..but you are entitled to your opinion. It's just a shame that it doesn't belong in this thread since how you feel really isn't pertinent to the question being asked. You really don't care what the Yankees and Jays do.

I'm an O's fan and I hate the MFY's with a burning passion. I hope the Jays sweep them by a combined scored of about 50-2.

I don't care about finishing ahead of TOR so much as I do finishing ahead of NYY. That would be an excellent end to the most exciting season in the last decade.

The best scenario is always the Yankees lose. Theeeeee Yankees lose!

I hear ya T. But as much as it pains me to say it, I find myself slowly rooting for the Bronx Bombers when they play Boston these days....not sure if it's because

a) Boston is currently better and has been for a few years

b) Boston "fans" are 4-5 times more annoying than Yankee fans.

I hear ya T. But as much as it pains me to say it, I find myself slowly rooting for the Bronx Bombers when they play Boston these days....not sure if it's because

a) Boston is currently better and has been for a few years

b) Boston "fans" are 4-5 times more annoying than Yankee fans.

I love it...Everybody will start coming around soon. Boston is much better than New York nowadays. The Yankees simply aren't that good right now.

Well, let's face it, your thoughts on the Yankees are a TAD irrational...:D

I know you got that Jeter poster on your wall.....I KNOW IT!! Don't make me find your wife and get it out of her!!!!!:cussing:

Fair enough, but at least some of you are beginning to come around to the fact that the Sox are waaaaaaaay more annoying than the Yankees. Hey, it's a start.

And yes, i'm cuddling my Derek Jeter teddy bear as I type this.

Archived