Roch: Elias Returns From GM Meetings

weams

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Early contention for goofiest post of the offseason! 

Congrats!

Why is it goofy?  He is the youngest GM in Orioles history when he was hired when he was 35.  Weams posted a link with a new photo of him.  You don't think appearances play a role in whether someone gets hired for a job?   

18 minutes ago, atomic said:

Why is it goofy?  He is the youngest GM in Orioles history when he was hired when he was 35.  Weams posted a link with a new photo of him.  You don't think appearances play a role in whether someone gets hired for a job?   

In baseball? Sure, if they're selling jeans, or looking for Fabio.   I heard there were a lot of Brad Pitt lookalikes in attendance.

Speaking of lookalikes, our last GM could've been separated at birth from Dan Akroyd, so not exactly buying this looks matter theory.

Screen%252Bshot%252B2011-11-08%252Bat%25

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, atomic said:

The Rays GM looks like a literal child. I think "gray hair" is pretty far down on the list of things to consider when you hire Mike Elias, after stuff like "led the scouting department for a world series winner" and "Ivy League degree" and "extremely good track record". 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

In baseball? Sure, if they're selling jeans, or looking for Fabio.   I heard there were a lot of Brad Pitt lookalikes in attendance.

Speaking of lookalikes, our last GM could've been separated at birth from Dan Akroyd, so not exactly buying this looks matter theory.

Screen%252Bshot%252B2011-11-08%252Bat%25

doctor-detroit-12282012.jpg?w=700

19 minutes ago, interloper said:

The Rays GM looks like a literal child. I think "gray hair" is pretty far down on the list of things to consider when you hire Mike Elias, after stuff like "led the scouting department for a world series winner" and "Ivy League degree" and "extremely good track record". 

That kind of stuff is subconscious.  You know even though he has a track record if the guy looks like he is right out of college you might be reluctant to hand over the reigns of your business to him.  The gray hair makes him look at bit more mature.  

He did lose a pitcher, allowing Aaron Brooks to sign a contract with the Kia Tigers in the Korean Baseball Organization. The Orioles get a modest buyout in exchange, and a fifth opening on their 40-man roster that’s going to come in handy.

I wouldn't say we really "lost" him... 

Anyway, someone check on wildcard to see if he's still alive after losing Aaron Brooks, please.

34 minutes ago, interloper said:

who the hell cares about looks.

What do you know, how do you plan to operate and build me a winning baseball team is way more important.

Bald, Grey, Punk Rocker Red, I dont care.

Just get the job done.

• Upvote 1