Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

3 minutes ago, jgjbanker said:

There was a piece the other day, apologize I forget the source but think it was The Athletic, that said O's are shouting low minors (A-) for trade partners. Similar to the 2 DSL guys we got for Cashner and Villar. Wouldn't surprise me if the other 3 arms from LAA aren't very young. 

Have to see how they develop them. That is the key to a good bit of what they are doing. 

Just now, Aglets said:

Apparently the others that haven't been named yet are because they haven't been contacted.   Is there some metric you are aware of that says that the worse prospects tend to be harder to reach by cell phone?     Seems to me if anything the reverse might be true.   ;)

If the GM doesn't have the guy's phone number on record I'm thinking he isn't important.  ?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

When I see four names and the one name mentioned is a 24 year old minor league bullpen arm I'm expecting the other three to be organizational depth pieces.

If it was two names I'd have some hope that the other name might become something at the ML level.

You following my thinking?

Sure, but 4 pieces at all is something. If we get a good reliever out of it and some lottery guys I call that a win. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wow Moose, that's the first shot you have taken in weeks, you been away from the board?  I hadn't noticed.

Just when I think I'm out, they reel me back in.  Always willing to take shots at you, CoC, you roll with the punches pretty well without getting butthurt.  I'd call it a sense of humor but you also wear Birkenstock's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, interloper said:

Sure, but 4 pieces at all is something. If we get a good reliever out of it and some let lottery guys I call that a win. 

You got lottery tickets and you got scratch off tickets.

I don't really care how many scratch off tickets Elias collects, even if they hit most are just a five dollar winner.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If the GM doesn't have the guy's phone number on record I'm thinking he isn't important.  ?

Ah, I'm assuming the hotshot prospect is screening out calls from his GM while in line at Starbucks but you do you.  Sorry, minor leaguer.  Maybe Dunkin.

It’s too bad Dan’s not a GM anymore. Maybe we could’ve gotten a replacement level outfielder, an extremely projectable LH pitcher, and a comp pick (I suppose the projectable left hander is possible, but my guess is this was mostly a salary dump).

• Upvote 1