2020 Spring Training Tracker

SteveA

43 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Tommy Milone and Wade LeBlanc had their contracts purchased.

Updated the top post.   So both will make the team.   Are they both in the rotation, or just Leblanc?   If they are, then who is the odd man out between Wojo and Stewart?   Or do we do a 6 man rotation?

Initial post updated with 3 additions to the 60 man pool and a few minor notes.

Roster Info

40 man roster at 39.  38 of the 39 are now in the 60 man pool (exception:  Ryan McKenna)

2 players on the 45 day DL do not count against 40 man roster or 60 man pool.

60 man pool currently at 56 but Blach will be removed soon.   42 players still in Baltimore, 13 in Bowie, and Blach 

One note:  I saw one source that described the 60 man pool as the 40 man roster plus two non-roster players.   If that is the actual definition, then the only way to get to 60 would be to have 40 guys on the roster, (we are currently 1 short), to include everyone on the 40 man roster on the 60 (McKenna is not currently), and then have 20 players.   RIght now our 56 man list has 18 non-roster players so that only leaves 2 current spots to add more guys like Grayson Rodriguez (unless McKenna  is one of them).  Obviously deleting Blach will allow another spot, and promoting a non-roster guy to the 40 man would allow another non-roster guy to be added.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Initial post updated with 3 additions to the 60 man pool and a few minor notes.

Roster Info

40 man roster at 39.  38 of the 39 are now in the 60 man pool (exception:  Ryan McKenna)

2 players on the 45 day DL do not count against 40 man roster or 60 man pool.

60 man pool currently at 56 but Blach will be removed soon.   42 players still in Baltimore, 13 in Bowie, and Blach 

One note:  I saw one source that described the 60 man pool as the 40 man roster plus two non-roster players.   If that is the actual definition, then the only way to get to 60 would be to have 40 guys on the roster, (we are currently 1 short), to include everyone on the 40 man roster on the 60 (McKenna is not currently), and then have 20 players.   RIght now our 56 man list has 18 non-roster players so that only leaves 2 current spots to add more guys like Grayson Rodriguez (unless McKenna  is one of them).  Obviously deleting Blach will allow another spot, and promoting a non-roster guy to the 40 man would allow another non-roster guy to be added.

I thought Blach was already removed from the 60 man roster?

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I thought Blach was already removed from the 60 man roster?

Roch said he would be.   But no one ever said he has been, and there is no trasaction I can find on mlb.com or anywhere else that says he has.   I think the 45 day IL is only for guys on the 40.   I'm sure there's some sort of minor league equivalent but maybe it doesn't start until the season does, or maybe they just haven't bothered to make it official because they don't need the 60 man spot, yet.

I dunno.   In the name of accuracy I'm leaving him on until I see something official.

Initial post updated with notes from last night's exhibition game, including potential injuries to Hays and Wilkerson, Smith going on the DL, and some quotes from Director of Player Development Matt Blood on Mountcastle, Diaz, and Baumann.

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

Initial post updated with Opening Day starter named and Hays being in the lineup for the exhibition game tonight so his knee is apparently fine.

Updated again with a few notes from the exhibition game.

FINAL UPDATE:   30 man roster set.

Roster breakdown:

-- 60 man player pool currently has 56 names on it

-- 30 are on the Opening Day Roster

-- 3 open the season on the 10 day IL (Tate, Harvey, Means)

-- 21 guys are assigned to the Bowie camp

-- 2 guys are still technically on the 60 man list even though they are done for the season with injuries (Wilkerson, Blach).   They could be removed if we ever fill up the 60 man list and want more

-- 40 man roster now full with the addition of Valaika

-- 40 man roster has one player (McKenna) not in the player pool;  Martin and Mancini are on the 45 day IL and thus exempt from both the 40 man roster and 60 man player pool

-- A 3 man "taxi squad" from the Bowie camp can accompany the team on the road for each road trip.   That way if someone gets hurt and goes on the IL someone can be added to the roster the next day without having to rely on commercial air transportation to get to wherever the team is.   The taxi squad must contain a catcher.   It will probably contain a C (likely Holoday), a hitter (Roch speculates Herrera), and a P.

There's another thread with the composition of the 30 man opening day roster.   Here are the 21 guys that are currently in Bowie camp, the guys who constitute our available "minor league system" for the season.  Guys not on the 40 man roster are marked "NR":

Keegan Akin
Michael Baumann  NR
Taylor Davis  NR
Yusniel Diaz  NR
Thomas Eshelman  NR
DL Hall  NR
Eric Hanhold  NR
Dilson Herrera  NR
Bryan Holoday  NR
Brendan Kline  NR
Dean Kremer  
Isaac Mattson  NR