Predictions

mweb

I'd agree. Alabama would be a 3-4 point favorite over Penn State, while the other top teams closer to a touchdown.

Actually I heard a Vegas "line setter" on Jim Rome and he said that Penn State would be about 3-4 over Bama. Of all the title contenders Bama and Texas Tech were the lowest rated according to him. Of course, as mrbig 1 will point out the last time the Tide were heavy underdogs in a title game they blew out Miami.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think people are selling Bama short. When we get Mount Cody back we'll once again have 2 of the best lines in football. We don't do anything flashy and we pretty much take the 2nd half off (until Tennessee), but we are a solid, balanced football team. Unfortunately, college football is all about style points these days rather than good, hard football.

That said, I'll be surprised if we make it out of the SEC undefeated. It's just too hard.

As much as I would like for Bama to beat Auburn I want to beat Florida more. It looks like we're going to play them in the SEC title game. I lived in Mobile for 8 years which is just a few miles from the Florida line. Florida fans are 2nd only to Yankees fans as being to biggest A-- holes in the world.

4 out 5 sports writers on CBS sports line.com pick Texas tech to beat Texas. Are they nuts? I can't pick a game to save my life. This is a sure thing. I think Texas beats them by 17 points.

If Texas forces turnovers and keeps the ball most of the game, they win easily. If not, Tech wins by at least a touchdown.

Can someone explain to me how the AP has Florida ahead of Texas and Oklahoma? Florida lost to an unranked Ole Miss at home. Texas lost to an undefeated team on the road, and played a MUCH tougher schedule. OU lost to the number 1 team in the nation at a neutral site. WTF over?

Can someone explain to me how the AP has Florida ahead of Texas and Oklahoma? Florida lost to an unranked Ole Miss at home. Texas lost to an undefeated team on the road, and played a MUCH tougher schedule. OU lost to the number 1 team in the nation at a neutral site. WTF over?

Have you seen Florida recently?

They have destroyed 2 top 10 teams recently.

No team is playing better.

Which they will....What happens if FLA beats Bama barely in the SEC championship, Oklahoma beats TTECH the last week at home by 1, Texas wins out, USC wins out, Penn State stays undefeated, as does Ball state, Boise, and Utah.

Who deserves it in that scenerio?

Depends on a lot of other things.

One thing I will say is that if Penn State ends up undefeated, I think they will play for the title.

I am still hoping for 2 of Florida, USC and Oklahoma in the championship because to me those are the 3 most talented teams and I think any combination would be great game...USC/Florida is the matchup I want to see more than anything else.

Have you seen Florida recently?

They have destroyed 2 top 10 teams recently.

No team is playing better.

LSU is not a top 10 team. I know they were ranked there at the time, but they aren't.

Its ridiculous to put UF in front of Texas. It just is. Texas just played a gauntlet that was ridiculous. With no bye weeks (hello Kentucky game), Texas played Oklahoma, Missouri, OK State, and Texas Tech. I honestly think that if Texas got a bye week in there, or played Baylor before this last game, they probably would of won. And they almost did win against an undefeated team on the road after playing 2 top 10 teams and three top 15 teams in straight weeks.

They played well last week (UF that is) against GA, no doubt, but some of that had to do with last years drama. Wasn't Texas's win over OU just as impressive? I say yes...you may disagree.

Bottom line - The team that you say looks better than any team in the nation lately lost to Ole Miss, who isn't a good team, at home, when completely healthy. It disqualifies them, IMO. If Penn State had lost to Ohio State, much less to say Michigan, they wouldn't even be in the Top 10. Its completely unfair, and directly attributed to the SEC and Big 10 "reputations".

I mean, besides LSU and GA, who the heck else has UF played this year? Miami???

And who schedules the Citadel in November?

If you want to say that they've looked so good in blowing out Georgia, then that's fine, and I think the number 6 team in the country (behind TT, Bama, OU, Texas, and Penn State) is fine with me. But not ahead of them.

LSU is not a top 10 team. I know they were ranked there at the time, but they aren't.

Its ridiculous to put UF in front of Texas. It just is. Texas just played a gauntlet that was ridiculous. With no bye weeks (hello Kentucky game), Texas played Oklahoma, Missouri, OK State, and Texas Tech. I honestly think that if Texas got a bye week in there, or played Baylor before this last game, they probably would of won. And they almost did win against an undefeated team on the road after playing 2 top 10 teams and three top 15 teams in straight weeks.

They played well last week (UF that is) against GA, no doubt, but some of that had to do with last years drama. Wasn't Texas's win over OU just as impressive? I say yes...you may disagree.

Bottom line - The team that you say looks better than any team in the nation lately lost to Ole Miss, who isn't a good team, at home, when completely healthy. It disqualifies them, IMO. If Penn State had lost to Ohio State, much less to say Michigan, they wouldn't even be in the Top 10. Its completely unfair, and directly attributed to the SEC and Big 10 "reputations".

I mean, besides LSU and GA, who the heck else has UF played this year? Miami???

And who schedules the Citadel in November?

If you want to say that they've looked so good in blowing out Georgia, then that's fine, and I think the number 6 team in the country (behind TT, Bama, OU, Texas, and Penn State) is fine with me. But not ahead of them.

Don't you worry...It is all about how these teams end up.

Right now, I think Florida beats every team you just listed there. They will beat Bama later and they would destroy Penn St.

Don't you worry...It is all about how these teams end up.

Right now, I think Florida beats every team you just listed there. They will beat Bama later and they would destroy Penn St.

You are right about the first part, but I think the fact that UF is ahead of Texas is the polls right now might factor into that equation.

The second part, I would doubt you'd find too many UF fans as convinced of that as you are. They do have issues on defense. They're receivers drop too many passes. They're fans are nervous (perhaps overly so) about FSU.

I don't think they'd beat Texas or OU.

Archived