Predictions

mweb

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BCS bowl game, not title game.

I hope they get that chance (I agree BCS not title game).

As any good football fan should do, my college decision was based on proximity to the Colts so I ended up at BSU. :) I expect them to make a run in basketball every once in a while but never in football.

I hope they get that chance (I agree BCS not title game).

As any good football fan should do, my college decision was based on proximity to the Colts so I ended up at BSU. :) I expect them to make a run in basketball every once in a while but never in football.

I thought you were talking about Boise State, not Ball State. I might have to take back what I said in that case, they seem to have a really weak schedule, although I admit to not knowing much about most of their opponents.

I thought you were talking about Boise State, not Ball State. I might have to take back what I said in that case, they seem to have a really weak schedule, although I admit to not knowing much about most of their opponents.

They've played noone but if they go undefeated I think they deserve a shot unless Boise wins out... But I do think Fresno will beat them. Well actually to be fair, some of the teams in that conference are pretty good just not what I'd call impress voters type of wins. It's a real shame this isn't the year they got Auburn or Michigan on their sched.

Well BCS is out....Shockingly to me, they have Florida 10th...Why are they ranked so low?

Ok is 4th, USC is 5th...Both are positioned well to jump into the top 2 spots by the end of the season.

I'm hoping Texas loses only once and OU wins out... It'll generate an interesting debate having a team that was incapable of winning its conference championship playing for a national championship.

I'm hoping Texas loses only once and OU wins out... It'll generate an interesting debate having a team that was incapable of winning its conference championship playing for a national championship.

The idea of winning or not winning the conf championship wouldn't be a big deal to me in this situation...For me, Texas beat Oklahoma, so if they each have 1 loss, Texas should be in front of Oklahoma but that isn't going to happen.

The idea of winning or not winning the conf championship wouldn't be a big deal to me in this situation...For me, Texas beat Oklahoma, so if they each have 1 loss, Texas should be in front of Oklahoma but that isn't going to happen.

That's what I mean... If it happens it will be fun watching the verbal gymnastics as the experts try to justify why a one loss Oklahoma team which failed to win its conference championship deserves to be ranked over the conference championship team that beat Oklahoma.

It might have been interesting, were it not for the fact that the BCS has taken us down that road already (see: Nebraska 2001, Oklahoma 2003).

It might have been interesting' date=' were it not for the fact that the BCS has taken us down that road already (see: Nebraska 2001, Oklahoma 2003).[/quote']

I don't recall the specifics... Did those Nebraska and Oklahoma teams make the BCS title game with the same amount of losses as the conference champion and lose to the team that won the conference championship?

I don't think there would be much debate if OU was ahead of a two loss Texas team (say they lose the conference title game).

I don't recall the specifics... Did those Nebraska and Oklahoma teams make the BCS title game with the same amount of losses as the conference champion and lose to the team that won the conference championship?

I don't think there would be much debate if OU was ahead of a two loss Texas team (say they lose the conference title game).

I'm pretty sure Oklahoma had fewer losses than Kansas St in 2003, who beat them in the Big 12 Title Game. But for some reason I think Nebraska and Colorado had the same record in 2001...but Colorado went to the conference title game based on the head-to-head win over Neb....but Nebraska for some reason got to play for the NC despite not even qualifying to play for the conference championship. But back then the computer rankings held a lot more weight in the BCS standings and for some reason the computers loved Nebraska that year. But aside from maybe Colorado, Oregon was the team that really got screwed in 2001. They handily beat Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl, had only one loss on the season and almost certainly would have played better than Nebraska in the NC game. But as dominant as Miami was throughout that year (including in the Rose Bowl), I doubt anyone would have beaten them. That UM team might have even beaten a couple NFL squads.

I'm pretty sure Oklahoma had fewer losses than Kansas St in 2003' date=' who beat them in the Big 12 Title Game. But for some reason I think Nebraska and Colorado had the same record in 2001...but Colorado went to the conference title game based on the head-to-head win over Neb....but Nebraska for some reason got to play for the NC despite [i']not even qualifying to play for the conference championship[/i]. But back then the computer rankings held a lot more weight in the BCS standings and for some reason the computers loved Nebraska that year. But aside from maybe Colorado, Oregon was the team that really got screwed in 2001. They handily beat Colorado in the Fiesta Bowl, had only one loss on the season and almost certainly would have played better than Nebraska in the NC game. But as dominant as Miami was throughout that year (including in the Rose Bowl), I doubt anyone would have beaten them. That UM team might have even beaten a couple NFL squads.

Ah yes, thanks. That brings back memories of the no harm no foul loss for OU. Still it would be many time worse and even more indefensible than either of those scenarios if both UT and OU are one loss teams with UT being the conference champion. Once my team is eliminated I always root for the worst case scenario for the BCS hoping that someday something will happen that will be the catalyst for a playoff.

Archived