Predictions

mweb

I will never understand the USC love. How they can remain so high while playing in a vastly inferior conference and having what is, by far, the worst loss on their resume is beyond me. If this was a beauty pageant I could understand it, but, IMO, they lack the substance to beat a complete team with a physical defense and a balanced offense. They beat up a highly overrated tOSU team lacking it's best player, but they also lost to a highly mediocre Oregon State team. Somehow their "good" win outweights their bad loss and they get to ride 69-0 victories over crappy conference opponents.

/rant

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah yes, thanks. That brings back memories of the no harm no foul loss for OU. Still it would be many time worse and even more undefensible than either of those scenarios if both UT and OU are one loss teams with UT being the conference champion. Once my team is eliminated I always root for the worst case scenario for the BCS hoping that someday something will happen that will be the catalyst for a playoff.

Same here....and year after year the college presidents and network execs keep propping it up....it's going to take a major event to put the BCS to death...namely plummeting TV ratings, hence plummeting ad revenues.

I'm picking Ohio State over Penn state. I'm still not sure about Alabama vs Tenn. If Bama beats LSU they are in the SEC title game. But that's a big ass IF. For now they are a first half team. All I want is to beat Auburn. How do you get a Auburn grad off your doorstep? Pay him for the Pizza.

At this point, it looks like Penn State should be one of the 2 teams playing for the NC.

They might get that chance although my guess it'll be a similar result to OSU the past couple of years. They'll get blown out by a USC, SEC team or B12 team.

I'm still hoping Texas loses one of their next four but wins the B12... Assuming Alabama loses one which I think they will and it'll be Oklahoma and PSU at the top of the polls. It'll be fun hearing the arguments back and forth about why a one loss OU deserves to be there over a one loss B12 Champion Texas team that beat OU. Just the kind of controversy that should hopefully inch the ball forward a little bit towards convincing people we need a playoff.

So, next week we have Texas at Texas Tech and Florida/Georgia.

The loser of Fla/GA is done as far as the NC picture.

If TT loses, they probably are out of it unless they can beat OSU the next week and then win at Oklahoma.

If Texas loses, they may be in trouble as well but they will be in better shape than TT.

The other top 10 teams should win next week.

BTW, UVA continues to win and that is helping USC in the BCS I assume.

So, right now it looks like Penn St will be one of the NC teams...Things can obviously happen but they should definitely win their remaining games.

Texas still has some tough games.

Alabama really only has at LSU now before the conference championship.

If Bama beats LSU, i think they will go through the reg season undefeated and it will come down to them being able to beat GA or Florida for the SEC championship.

I think right now, Penn St, Oklahoma and USC are sitting pretty.

It is looking like 2 of those 3 will play for the title...Penn St beating OSU has really changed the championship picture IMO.

So again, the Big Ten ending their season 2 weeks before everyone else will leave Penn State with 350 days rest before they get crushed in the title game like Ohio State before them. Terrible.

Yea...I think the only team that they can realistically play with(but still lose) would be Alabama.

Archived