Predictions

mweb

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is Oklahoma number 1 now? Alabama number 2?

I was talking to a friend about this last night and while I think Oklahoma will probably be #1, I wouldn't be surprised if Alabama is #1. Almost all of last week's #1 votes were for USC so they are all up for grabs. It's not like Oklahoma had all those votes so the voters stay the same. They have to change, so that means they'll put some thought into it and consider what happened. Both teams had impressive wins over top 25 opponents, but Alabama's was probably more impressive. Alabama was #8 though while Oklahoma was #2. In the end I think it's Oklahoma #1 and Alabama #2 because that's how things usually work, but teams have been getting jumped this year and Alabama looks great. You also have to figure in LSU as well, which could push Alabama back to #3. Any which way, I won't be disappointed. The rankings are pretty meaningless until the end and if we keep winning it will sort itself out. I'm sure that's what Coach Saban is saying.

I'm a big Auburn fan, so this is tough for me to say, but Bama has clearly been the best team this year. If the voting started after this past week, without any preseason rankings, how could you not vote them #1.

I didn't get to watch yesterday's game, but I can't imagine we did anything to justify a #1 ranking. At least we didn't ruin our chances by losing. Roll Tide.

I didn't get to watch yesterday's game, but I can't imagine we did anything to justify a #1 ranking. At least we didn't ruin our chances by losing. Roll Tide.

I didn't see the game either, but Kentucky isn't the pushover in football that they used to be. Granted, after the beating they put on Georgia, I thought Bama was gonna take it to UK. But hey, a win is a win...ROLL TIDE!

Well, Oklahoma goes down.

Be interesting to see what LSU does tonight but I expect a loss by them tonight.

I still think Florida and USC could end up playing for the title.

USC doesn't have a tough schedule and can just slowly make their way up as everyone in front of them beats each other and Florida's toughest games are at home or neutral(Georgia) until the SEC title game.

I think you end up seeing Missouri, Alabama and Texas get at least 1 loss as well and because it will be later, that will hurt them in a big way.

So, as of right now, I see 2 of USC, Oklahoma(i think they can recover and this wasn't a bad loss IMO and its still not "late" in the season) and Florida playing for the title.

Be interesting to see what LSU does tonight but I expect a loss by them tonight.

USC doesn't have a tough schedule and can just slowly make their way up as everyone in front of them beats each other and Florida's toughest games are at home or neutral(Georgia) until the SEC title game.

I think you end up seeing Missouri, Alabama and Texas get at least 1 loss as well and because it will be later, that will hurt them in a big way.

So, as of right now, I see 2 of USC, Oklahoma(i think they can recover and this wasn't a bad loss IMO and its still not "late" in the season) and Florida playing for the title.

In an ideal world this would work against them. A one loss USC should not make it in above a one loss team from the SEC or the Big Twelve. I don't care when the losses occur.

In an ideal world this would work against them. A one loss USC should not make it in above a one loss team from the SEC or the Big Twelve. I don't care when the losses occur.

Let's say LSU loses tonight by 3. How far SHOULD they drop? 2, maybe 3 spots?

But you know as well as I do that isn't going to happen..They will drop into the 9-12 range.

It is a joke but its still how it is done.

USC will be able to just win every game and slowly make their way back up.

And I agree that it shouldn't matter when they lose but it does and that is going to be the key to everything.

Let's say LSU loses tonight by 3. How far SHOULD they drop? 2, maybe 3 spots?

But you know as well as I do that isn't going to happen..They will drop into the 9-12 range.

It is a joke but its still how it is done.

USC will be able to just win every game and slowly make their way back up.

And I agree that it shouldn't matter when they lose but it does and that is going to be the key to everything.

I hear you, that's why I said how it should be. There's plenty left to happen yet, hopefully it will all work itself out.

I hear you, that's why I said how it should be. There's plenty left to happen yet, hopefully it will all work itself out.

The reality is the Florida, Oklahoma and USC are the most talented teams in the country IMO.

USC doesn't play a tough schedule but that doesn't take away from how good and how talented they are.

If a 1 loss USC team is in the national title game, there is nothing wrong with that at all. They will have a win against a team that will likely finish in the top 8(OSU) and perhaps one or 2 of the Pac 10 teams end up ranked..like Oregon(who they beat handily).

Now, I am not going to argue against the idea that a 1 loss team from the SEC or Big 12 should be ranked over USC but that is only based on schedule, not the ability of the team or talent on the field.

Really, I think USC is the best team in the country, so I am perfectly fine with them in the BCS title game.

Watching Florida tonight, I can say I would love to see Florida/USC....2 incredibly fast, athletic and talented teams...What a game that would be.

It'll be tough for OU... I think its generally tough for any team to play for the national championship when they couldn't even win their conference championship.

It'll be tough for OU... I think its generally tough for any team to play for the national championship when they couldn't even win their conference championship.

They still may be playing for their conf championship...Have you seen the schedule for Texas?

But ultimately, I agree with you because those big 12 teams are going to beat each other up...If I had to pick 2 teams today to play for the title, it would be Florida and USC.

Archived