Predictions

mweb

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a playoff system. I was looking at the top 10. The most points given up by Penn State in a game all season is 24. Are Florida and Oklahoma really the best two teams in the nation? Could Florida,USC,Penn State,or Bama beat Oklahoma,Texas tech and OK State all in a row? Texas won 3 out of 4 top 12 teams in a row and their home watching the NC game on T.V. I don't think that day will ever come when there is a Playoff system.

We need a playoff system. I was looking at the top 10. The most points given up by Penn State in a game all season is 24. Are Florida and Oklahoma really the best two teams in the nation? Could Florida,USC,Penn State,or Bama beat Oklahoma,Texas tech and OK State all in a row? Texas won 3 out of 4 top 12 teams in a row and their home watching the NC game on T.V. I don't think that day will ever come when there is a Playoff system.

It will eventually.....it's just going to take a very long time.

My BCS Bowl Predicitions (Not exactly going out on a limb at this point ;) ).

Rose - USC vs Penn St

Fiesta - Utah vs Texas

Sugar - Alabama vs Ohio St

Orange - VaTech vs Cincinnati

NCG - Florida vs Oklahoma

Texas Tech gets screwed because the Big 12 can't get more than 1 at-large bid.....if we're going to be stuck with the BCS, that's one rule that should change.

Rose - USC vs Penn St

Fiesta - Utah vs Texas

Sugar - Alabama vs Ohio St

I was close....

Rose - USC vs Penn St

Fiesta - Ohio St vs Texas

Sugar - Alabama vs Utah

Aside from the Championship Game, none of these matchups are that compelling, but the lineup doesn't look as lame as last year. USC/PSU should be okay for those who like defensive-oriented games. Would rather have seen Utah vs Texas in the Fiesta, but Alabama should provide a good measuring stick for how the Utes compare against the nation's elite. Texas should blow out OSU, but you never know with some of these games......hard to say if Texas will be motivated to prove the polls wrong and destroy OSU or if they will have a big letdown against the Buckeyes from the disappointment. Hopefully there will be a "Married With Children" marathon on FX during the Orange Bowl game.

As for other games, it's nice to see Boise St matched up against a very good TCU team.....but the Broncos still have to be PO'd with getting what is an absolutely pathetic payout for an undefeated team in Poinsettia Bowl ($750,000). Oklahoma St and Oregon in the Holiday Bowl could also be an exciting, high-scoring game. And while neither team is anywhere near among the nation's best, interesting to see two of the hottest teams right now playing in the PapaJohns Bowl (NC St/Rutgers). And finally, I expect Notre Dame's 9-game bowl losing streak to continue as they go to Honolulu to play Hawaii on their home field.

Aside from the Championship Game' date=' none of these matchups are that compelling, but the lineup doesn't look as lame as last year. USC/PSU should be okay for those who like defensive-oriented games. Would rather have seen Utah vs Texas in the Fiesta, but Alabama should provide a good measuring stick for how the Utes compare against the nation's elite. Texas should blow out OSU, but you never know with some of these games......hard to say if Texas will be motivated to prove the polls wrong and destroy OSU or if they will have a big letdown against the Buckeyes from the disappointment. Hopefully there will be a "Married With Children" marathon on FX during the Orange Bowl game.

[/quote']

I agree about the matchups... It amazes me how a conference as bad as the B10 is still manages to get two BCS teams. I expect both B10 conference teams to get blown out. I like the Alabama Utah matchup... I think Utah has a chance in that game and at worst will keep the game close. But at least we have a great matchup in the BCS game.

I agree about the matchups... It amazes me how a conference as bad as the B10 is still manages to get two BCS teams. I expect both B10 conference teams to get blown out. I like the Alabama Utah matchup... I think Utah has a chance in that game and at worst will keep the game close. But at least we have a great matchup in the BCS game.

I agree...OSU and PSU get clobbered.

If I'm not mistaken I believe the Big 10 has a winning record against the SEC in bowl games over the last 5 years.

I really don't know, but that has nothing to do with this year.

Ohio State played in a weak, weak conference this year and ended up with 2 losses.

They played only 2 teams that are good at all, and laid an egg both times. Ohio State does not belong with college football's elite.

Ohio State played in a weak, weak conference this year and ended up with 2 losses.

They played only 2 teams that are good at all, and laid an egg both times. Ohio State does not belong with college football's elite.

Not to pee in your cornflakes but the SEC may be the most overrated conference this year.

It's all depending on your perspective, but I think the Big 10 was the 3rd best conference this season.....albeit a very distant 3rd behind the Big 12 and SEC. That said, agreed that OSU doesn't belong in the BCS. As I said, if we are going to be stuck with this terrible system, let's at least tweak it so we get some better matchups.....starting with dropping the clause that no conference can receive more than 1 at-large bid. Texas Tech should be playing Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, while Utah goes to the Fiesta Bowl to play Texas. This is a very simple fix that should make everyone happy.....except Ohio St, who annually end up playing in a better game then they deserve to.

You guys are forgetting what drives the current system. The anwser is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. If a team has a history of high T.V. ratings and can fill the seats that's who goes to a BCS bowl. Ohio State does that. If Norte Dame was 9-2 you can bet the house that they would go.

Archived