Davis is definitley jacked this year...

Sir_Loin

11 hours ago, Sir_Loin said:

After talking with people it seems like Davis really has turned a corner. 

Not only did he alter what size bat he is using, he was able to generate more bat speed with the help of the O’s and the Blast Technology this winter. 

Time will tell it it leads to better results and exit velo...

How about the whole "keeping his bat on the shoulder" thing while watching strike 3?   Have they addressed that?

3 minutes ago, Aglets said:

How about the whole "keeping his bat on the shoulder" thing while watching strike 3?   Have they addressed that?

Davis is not going to be better. Maybe for a week. Maybe for a month. Davis is who Davis has been for three years. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, weams said:

Davis is not going to be better. Maybe for a week. Maybe for a month. Davis is who Davis has been for three years. 

Definitely good to be cautious when talking about Davis rebounding, but it could happen. They don't award Comeback Player of the Year for nothing.

18 hours ago, connja said:

Just for fun....what's our upside if Davis hits .250 with 45 homers?  No comments on likelihood please.  Offense could be pretty good.

Offense will be much more fun to watch. We lose our tank commander in this situation, which I would be ok with. I am sure if this happens Elias would try to trade him, but they would still have to eat most of the contract and I bet teams still wouldn't bite. 

19 hours ago, connja said:

Just for fun....what's our upside if Davis hits .250 with 45 homers?  No comments on likelihood please.  Offense could be pretty good.

In such a fantasy world, similarly unlikely things could happen like Cobb finishing in the top-3 for Cy Young and Austin Hays and Ryan Mountcastle finishing first and second in the AL Rookie of the Year voting. In such a world, a mid-80 win season may be possible.

In a world with no other miracle happening in the season and the rest of the players producing within their likely range of outcomes, the Orioles COULD win enough to avoid 100 losses, but pitching is still the biggest issue.

Now...back to reality where a replacement level season from Davis would be a pleasant surprise.

1 hour ago, andrewochs615 said:

Offense will be much more fun to watch. We lose our tank commander in this situation, which I would be ok with. I am sure if this happens Elias would try to trade him, but they would still have to eat most of the contract and I bet teams still wouldn't bite. 

You have to think he's completely untradeable at this point regardless.  It's hard to root for someone to fail, but at this point I think a lot  of us craving resolution more than anything else.

3 hours ago, weams said:

Personally, I've always felt that a lot of Davis' issues have been mental. When he's in the batter's box - he looks lost. He has no plan, he seems disengaged, and completely lacking in confidence. 

I'm doubtful that Davis returns to form, but if adding muscle is the mojo he needs to be in a better place mentally at the plate - I could see improvement happening. 

3 hours ago, Sir_Loin said:

Definitely good to be cautious when talking about Davis rebounding, but it could happen. They don't award Comeback Player of the Year for nothing.

It's all in perspective.  Davis has been so bad for two years, he could get votes for Comeback Player of the Year for getting 400 at bats and batting .190 only striking out 100 times.  

• Upvote 1