Pitchers: stock up/down thoughts?

HowAboutThat

I’ve looked through all the box scores so far. Gauging the success or failure of the position guys is too complicated, but the pitchers should be a bit more simple. Every guys comes into camp at a specific level of production and expectation. Some guys are organizational filler and they know it. Other guys are too young and destined for minor leagues spots and they know it.  And there’s a very few guys who have spots locked up and they know it, so for them, Spring is just a chance to work on stuff.

But for the bubble guys,  day-to-day performance means a whole lot. So whose stock is up and who is down so far?

I don’t know for sure, but Phillips, Lowther sure look stock down, and LeBlanc and Hess sure seem stock up. What do you guys think? 

Basically everybody down today. Means was bad luck/bad defense, he looked good.

Otherwise, from today: 

Lowther - 2 walks, 5 hits, 4 ER, 1 HR in 1.1 IP

Tate - 1 walk, 3 hits, 1 HR, 3 ER in 1 IP

Scott - 1 walk, 2 hits, 1 ER, 3 R in 0.2 IP

Castro - 3 walks in 1 IP

Good lord, y'all.

Carroll looked good again though.

Ton of hitters with disappointing starts as well. Plenty of time, obviously, 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d say nobody’s stock is really affected by their first outing in spring training.    Not many encouraging outings so far, though.   

Plenty of time to right the ship. But for once you'd like to see some of these young guys come out and dominate all spring. I remember that spring when it became more and more clear that Britton was going to be named the closer. I'm not saying these guys have to be Britton. But when you're Castro and Scott and your story is "they'd be great if they just walked less guys" and they both immediately walk a bunch of guys, it's a bit of a bummer.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, interloper said:

Basically everybody down today. Means was bad luck/bad defense, he looked good.

Otherwise, from today: 

Lowther - 2 walks, 5 hits, 4 ER, 1 HR in 1.1 IP

Tate - 1 walk, 3 hits, 1 HR, 3 ER in 1 IP

Scott - 1 walk, 2 hits, 1 ER, 3 R in 0.2 IP

Castro - 3 walks in 1 IP

Good lord, y'all.

Carroll looked good again though.

Ton of hitters with disappointing starts as well. Plenty of time, obviously, 

I was actually thinking that Caroll, Hess, and Leblanc looked really good so far, Although I had none of them on my roster. Oh well,  I don’t mind being wrong in a good direction. 

I expect nothing from Scott except more of the same, so I’m not surprised, Castro is frustrating so I am also not surprised. We are all holding our breath regarding Means.

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d say nobody’s stock is really affected by their first outing in spring training.    Not many encouraging outings so far, though.   

Here are the pitchers that have had encouraging outing IMO.   Means, Cobb, LeBlanc, Bailey, Hess, Rucker, Eshelman, Valdez, Bleier, Castro, Armstrong, Carroll, Sulser, Kremer, Kline and Hanhold.

We have not seen Wojo, Stewart, Milone, Harvey, Givens, Wells and Zimmerman yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Here are the pitchers that have had encouraging outing IMO.   Means, Cobb, LeBlanc, Bailey, Hess, Rucker, Valdez, Bleier, Castro, Armstrong, Carroll, Sulser. Kremer. Kline and Hanhold.

We have not seen Wojo, Stewart, Milone, Harvey, Givens, Wells and Zimmerman yet.

I'm curious if we will see Givens.

Anyone else see a deleted thread this morning?