Reimold has the game of his life tonight.

DocJJ

I believe its RYE-mold.
That is the correct answer...

That's the way it was announced at his home games in the AFL last season

If he has learned to recognize and lay off the low-outside breaking pitch, he has a good shot to be a 25-30 HR .270 BA major league corner outfielder

He's way more natural and instinctive in the outfield than either Scott or Montanez and he's got a better than average arm. I think that he could play CF in a pinch

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why 2 picks?

We'd only lose a 2nd round pick if we sign Tex. Hardly a deal-breaker.

An additional part of the consolation for missing out on Tex would be that we would get two draft picks when Huff leaves at the end of 2009. If we do not sign Tex, then we are more than likely going to keep Huff as our 1B for all of 2009.

So you add the two picks to the lineup that was posted.

An additional part of the consolation for missing out on Tex would be that we would get two draft picks when Huff leaves at the end of 2009. If we do not sign Tex, then we are more than likely going to keep Huff as our 1B for all of 2009.

So you add the two picks to the lineup that was posted.

We get those picks for Huff leaving whether we sign Tex or not. Unless of course we trade Huff, and in that case we obviously would be getting something worth more than the two picks in return.

That's the way it was announced at his home games in the AFL last season

If he has learned to recognize and lay off the low-outside breaking pitch, he has a good shot to be a 25-30 HR .270 BA major league corner outfielder

He's way more natural and instinctive in the outfield than either Scott or Montanez and he's got a better than average arm. I think that he could play CF in a pinch

You'll get a chance to see him in the AFL again this winter - let us know what you see! Based on his much lower K rate this year, I'm guessing he has largely addressed the issue of laying off the bad breaking stuff.

Does anyone know if Minor League playoff stats are added into the players stats at the end of the season? I know the majors dont do them and keep them seperate. I can understand not using the post season stats for awards for MVP or best pitcher but shouldnt they count them for a players personal stats.

Does anyone know if Minor League playoff stats are added into the players stats at the end of the season? I know the majors dont do them and keep them seperate. I can understand not using the post season stats for awards for MVP or best pitcher but shouldnt they count them for a players personal stats.

That wouldn't make sense. The use of stats to compare players to each other would be skewed if a handful of teams had 3 to 10 extra games over everyone else. For the MLB, everyone gets 162 games. Same would be true for the minors.

im not as high on luke scott as everyone else. i see him as a 4th outfielder or a pinch hitter maybe a DH. he just does not hit in the clutch. his homerun numbers are always half his rbi numbers. to me hes 30 and he is what he is. 260 BA. 25HR. 70RBI. but hits .230 with runners in scoring position. i think you need more out of a corner outfield position.

im not as high on luke scott as everyone else. i see him as a 4th outfielder or a pinch hitter maybe a DH. he just does not hit in the clutch. his homerun numbers are always half his rbi numbers. to me hes 30 and he is what he is. 260 BA. 25HR. 70RBI. but hits .230 with runners in scoring position. i think you need more out of a corner outfield position.

It is true that he hasn't hit that well in RISP situations in his career -- .240/.374/.432 in his career, in 337 PAs. But RISP splits over relatively small numbers of PAs can be fluky. I don't put too much stock in those figures.

MiLB.com has a good article about the game: http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080904&content_id=454708&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

Here's a small tidbit:

A big postseason could mean a callup to Baltimore, but Reimold isn't concerned.

"All I can do is just do a good job on the field," he said. "Anything can happen after the season, and it'll be a bonus."

Archived