MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

13 hours ago, orpheus100 said:

With states even like New York opening things up in May could make baseball in June a possibility, optimistically.

Where did you see things opening up in New York opening up in May?  I did a search and could find nothing on that. I think something like 22 states have announced schools closed for the year.   That would put things through mid June.  The odds of baseball being played this year are extremely remote. 

My friend got help from one of his nurses and texted his girlfriend. He also said you go into dark places at night. No one really around and you just lie in the bed and think. Pipe in some music at times but mostly nothing.Plays a little on his cellphone now. 

M Covid-19 Update:
Tuesday, April 14th.

3/24/20 Exposed to Covid-19
3/26/20 1st symptoms 

20 days of fever ranging from 99.0-103.0
20 days of coughing
12 days of no appetite / 15 pounds lost
10 days in hospital on oxygen 

Greatful to the extraordinary volume of individuals (30+ caregivers in 10 days)
at St. David’s Medical Center 

Grateful to EACH & EVERY ONE of my family, friends, colleagues and clients who have reached out with warm words of love and encouragement. Thank you for communicating through S. It’s meant the world to me. S has selflessly taken on the responsibility of keeping me connected. She has been above and beyond spectacular. We will throw a thank you party for S  PSD (post social distancing).

If you want to understand how I’m feeling, please watch the Chris Cuomo chat w/ Sanjay. 

I’ll keep fighting.
Love to you all.

24 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Yes, Cuomo has suggested things slowly opening back up in a few weeks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.barrons.com/amp/articles/coronavirus-live-updates-china-faces-renewed-coronavirus-threat-51586786103

New York City Could Begin to Reopen Within Weeks

New York City and its surrounding areas will begin to plan to reopen the region’s economy within weeks, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday at a press conference with five other states’ governors.

Can't read the article only the what you printed is not behind firewall. 

Now he is saying lack of tests. Lack of swabs, lack of test tubes, lack of agents, lack of testing machines.  Says Feds, states, counties, cities, and private companies all bidding against each other for this equipment.  Seems like how  you could open baseball when you can't even test sick people.  So baseball players would be taking tests away from people that actually need tests. 

When Dr. Fauci is saying there can be sport by the summer, I say we will have baseball.  That guy is one of the few sources I trust in this whole mess.  Of course, as he says, there would be no fans and players under quarantine/surveillance with weekly tests, but maybe Taiwan can send some of those dummies/cardboard cutout fans and drumming robots.  

This is kind of cool.    My cousin, who is an emergency room doctor at Ohio State Medical Center, got a mild case of coronavirus and has now recovered.    A blood test showed the presence of antibodies in his blood, and on Monday he donated plasma for use with other patients.    The local news ran a story about it:   https://www.10tv.com/article/plasma-transfusion-recovered-covid-19-patient-performed-ohio-state-wexner-medical-center

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, atomic said:

Where did you see things opening up in New York opening up in May?  I did a search and could find nothing on that. I think something like 22 states have announced schools closed for the year.   That would put things through mid June.  The odds of baseball being played this year are extremely remote. 

There you go with schools again.  It's a bad analogy.  Schools and baseball are NOT related.

25 minutes ago, jarman86 said:

When Dr. Fauci is saying there can be sport by the summer, I say we will have baseball.  That guy is one of the few sources I trust in this whole mess.  Of course, as he says, there would be no fans and players under quarantine/surveillance with weekly tests, but maybe Taiwan can send some of those dummies/cardboard cutout fans and drumming robots.  

Dr. Doom?  The one who said it was "inconvenient" to be unemployed?  Take your pick...

17 minutes ago, orioles119 said:

There you go with schools again.  It's a bad analogy.  Schools and baseball are NOT related.

You were the one who said baseball would start on time. I have been right every step of the way and you have been wrong every step of the way.  You would think you would learn.  

And yeah schools are a lot more important than baseball.  

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

This is kind of cool.    My cousin, who is an emergency room doctor at Ohio State Medical Center, got a mild case of coronavirus and has now recovered.    A blood test showed the presence of antibodies in his blood, and on Monday he donated plasma for use with other patients.    The local news ran a story about it:   https://www.10tv.com/article/plasma-transfusion-recovered-covid-19-patient-performed-ohio-state-wexner-medical-center

Cool story. I hope this is effective. Interestingly even though he works in an emergency room he got the virus from traveling.  I assume he is in his 60's and he said he had a mild case which is good news too. Thanks for sharing. 

2 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

You wanna bet?

When businesses will be back open in June, baseball will shortly follow

I am not sure why you think businesses will all be open in June.  You quote some article with no quotes from Cuomo as evidence.  If you think things will be back to normal in June you are sadly mistaken. 

15 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Everyone and their mother knew baseball wouldn't start on time.

This has turned out to be nowhere near as bad as they thought with social distancing relating to deaths.

Schools will not reopen because by the time businesses will the school year will be done.

Things have changed. It would be very surprising If there is no baseball now.

Will there be fans? That's the big question. You would think If they play with no fans then they should all be in one location

Your'e kidding yourself.  France death rates keep going up even though they have much stricter social distancing rules and they started weeks before us.  If you end social distancing early this will just spread like crazy.  I don't even know why I am arguing. You won't ever believe it. If they start baseball training in early June a bunch of players and coaches, and support staff will get the virus and they will shut down.  And what is in it for the players.  They say they would only get at most 40 percent of their salary for games played and they will be away from their families for months 

26 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Everyone and their mother knew baseball wouldn't start on time.

This has turned out to be nowhere near as bad as they thought with social distancing relating to deaths.

Schools will not reopen because by the time businesses will the school year will be done.

Things have changed. It would be very surprising If there is no baseball now.

Will there be fans? That's the big question. You would think If they play with no fans then they should all be in one location

That’s not exactly true.  This thread started Feb 27 about two weeks before Gobert started touching the mics.

4 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Bro, when did I or anyone say things will be back to normal. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Opening some things back up doRes not mean normal. It will be a gradual switch.

Ohio right now is discussing a gradual reopening 

https://mobile.twitter.com/wsyx6/status/1250417525378240512

May not be once the month of May hits but during the month a slow roll out

Of course they should talking about the order businesses start back opening and what it would look like. That doesn't mean it will happen any time soon.