Some stuff...

bigbird

As usual read into this as little or as much as you want....

- DT has been asking for outside help for a while but has not gotten any.

- Very doubtful we make more than a token run at Tex. He does not think we'll pay anyone over $12 million a season.

- With the thin FA catching market the front office feels it will be able to deal Ramon Hernandez. Would take a starter or reliever in return.

- Will acquire a veteran SS this off season. Will look to trade a pitching prospect for a ss prospect.

- I asked who the first pitching prospect (out of the guys AA and down) to join the Orioles rotation for more than just a call up and he said Arrieta. Most all scouts feel he could handle it now.

- I asked about the pen... A lot will depend on how Baez and Ray look in spring training. He felt for certain we would acquire at least one arm via trade or free agency.

- No intention to deal Huff. Roberts is a different story.

- He said he has not heard of a Markakis extension already being done. AM must be keeping this close to the vest if true.

- I asked if Reimold has ticked someone off and was told not that he's aware of. They were looking for him to get thru a season healthy which he did. He'll be given a good look to make the team in 2009.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Very doubtful we make more than a token run at Tex. He does not think we'll pay anyone over $12 million a season.

I don't believe this.
- With the thin FA catching market the front office feels it will be able to deal Ramon Hernandez. Would take a starter or reliever in return.
Be nice.
- Will acquire a veteran SS this off season. Will look to trade a pitching prospect for a ss prospect.
Prospect for prospect trades don't happen often.
- I asked about the pen... A lot will depend on how Baez and Ray look in spring training. He felt for certain we would acquire at least one arm via trade or free agency.
The pen is fine.
- No intention to deal Huff.
Horrible
Roberts is a different story.
Good news.
I asked if Reimold has ticked someone off and was told not that he's aware of. They were looking for him to get thru a season healthy which he did. He'll be given a good look to make the team in 2009.
Doesn't mean he shouldn't have been promoted to AAA or gotten time at the end of the year up here.

As usual read into this as little or as much as you want....

- DT has been asking for outside help for a while but has not gotten any.

- I asked who the first pitching prospect (out of the guys AA and down) to join the Orioles rotation for more than just a call up and he said Arrieta. Most all scouts feel he could handle it now.

- No intention to deal Huff. Roberts is a different story.

- He said he has not heard of a Markakis extension already being done. AM must be keeping this close to the vest if true.

- I asked if Reimold has ticked someone off and was told not that he's aware of. They were looking for him to get thru a season healthy which he did. He'll be given a good look to make the team in 2009.

Ugh... not really happy with any of that news. Hope your source is wrong on the Teixeira front, but I'm starting to think you guys might be right. :(

Here's to another decade of losing!

I don't believe this.

Be nice.

Prospect for prospect trades don't happen often.

The pen is fine.

Horrible Good news.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't have been promoted to AAA or gotten time at the end of the year up here.

That parts in bold I disagree with. I don't think its horrible if we keep Huff, it would be nice to trade him depending on the market but its not horrible.

The last part SG I am curious about. You have said many times (and I'm not disagreeing) that the real talent in the minors is in AA so if Reimold is down there hitting against the best minor league talent I don't see why he needed to be in AAA, although, I think he should have been. I don't think its that big of a deal he stayed in AA.

Archived