Angels hold on for 7-5 win over Orioles

Tony-OH

1 hour ago, ChosenOne21 said:

So tell me about Matt Foster. What kind of pitcher is he and how will he help the Orioles?

He's rated three stars and is only 25-years old. Says he throws 91-93 with three average pitches. He more a 1-2 inning guy so won't stretch out, but could be use to setup here and there. For some reason the White Sox have been trying to dump him in trades and when I shopped around Mickey Jannis, I was surprised he was offered up. 

27 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He's rated three stars and is only 25-years old. Says he throws 91-93 with three average pitches. He more a 1-2 inning guy so won't stretch out, but could be use to setup here and there. For some reason the White Sox have been trying to dump him in trades and when I shopped around Mickey Jannis, I was surprised he was offered up. 

Potential opener? 

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Potential opener? 

I'm not a big fan of openers though I won't rule them out. It might be a decent way to use a better pitcher to get through the top and middle portions of the lineup before turning it over to start with the lower half of the lineup, but it just seems like you potentially will burn through your bullpen too quickly using openers unless you stock your pen with long relievers spot starter types.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not a big fan of openers though I won't rule them out. I Might be a decent way to use a better pitcher to get through the top and middle portions of the lineup before turning it over to start with the lower half of the lineup, but it just seems like you potentially will burn through your bullpen too quickly using openers unless you stock your pen with long relievers spot starter types.

I don't like the concept of an opener either, but with the way the game is headed I'm preparing myself for the inevitable. I also see the same problem as it's a good way to burnout your bullpen, and the Orioles can already burnout a bullpen as currently constructed.