Results of MLB Covid-19 Intake Testing to start camp

SteveA

So they didn’t have anyone in right field in the intra squad game yesterday due to players being out with covid. I wonder if they end up putting pitchers in the field during regular season if there is an outbreak with a team. 

29 minutes ago, atomic said:

So they didn’t have anyone in right field in the intra squad game yesterday due to players being out with covid. I wonder if they end up putting pitchers in the field during regular season if there is an outbreak with a team. 

Five OFers on a 60 man roster does seem light.

So Umpire Joe West who is high risk and 67 was told by the league he was eligible for full pay and service time if he skipped the season but he said he is umpiring. 65 games from the all time record of games umped.  He has umpired in the big leagues since 1976.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29434942/mlb-umpires-union-distances-joe-west-opinion-coronavirus

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Five OFers on a 60 man roster does seem light.

They started with 4 (Hays, Stewart, Santander, Smith) but two are not in camp yet.  That's why they added the 2 yesterday.

Interesting, when the spring training roster was published in February Wilkerson was listed among the OFs but when the 60 man list came out last week he was listed as an infielder.

57 minutes ago, SteveA said:

They started with 4 (Hays, Stewart, Santander, Smith) but two are not in camp yet.  That's why they added the 2 yesterday.

Interesting, when the spring training roster was published in February Wilkerson was listed among the OFs but when the 60 man list came out last week he was listed as an infielder.

Hays, Stewart, Santander, Smith, and Wilkerson.  Who are the two new guys?

8 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Hays, Stewart, Santander, Smith, and Wilkerson.  Who are the two new guys?

As I said, Wilkerson was listed as an infielder on the 60 man roster.

The two new guys are Ryan Mountcastle and Mason Williams who were added to the 60 man pool yesterday.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Chapman and Royals back up catcher Cam Gallagher tested positive.

The concern with Gallagher is that he caught the game last night and was throwing the ball around with everyone.

Aroldis or Matt?  The manager of my fantasy team is asking.